Definitive Audiophile pressings

Highly recommended, and only $20:
It looks like this 2020 reissue uses the KPG@ATM cut and was pressed by RTI.
So I would expect it sounds as good as the 2007 reissue, which is the best I have ever heard this epic album sound.
I have this but it definitely needed a repress grab em while they’re hot.

Highly recommended, and only $20:
It looks like this 2020 reissue uses the KPG@ATM cut and was pressed by RTI.
So I would expect it sounds as good as the 2007 reissue, which is the best I have ever heard this epic album sound.
Might as well make it a round $40 and get Keep It Like A Secret too!

Eugh! The Nangle twilight zone is now the Nangle deaf ear. Heard nothing since 2nd and ignored my emails on Tuesday and again today. These were supposedly “in stock” on 19th January when I paid him the extra upgrade to Mono 45 Pet Sounds to get them out.

This is now going from the usual funny frustrating weirdo shit to what a fucking wanker I’m going to have to find a new MoFi and AP seller in Europe.

Eugh! The Nangle twilight zone is now the Nangle deaf ear. Heard nothing since 2nd and ignored my emails on Tuesday and again today. These were supposedly “in stock” on 19th January when I paid him the extra upgrade to Mono 45 Pet Sounds to get them out.

This is now going from the usual funny frustrating weirdo shit to what a fucking wanker I’m going to have to find a new MoFi and AP seller in Europe.

I didn't hear anything, sent a mail last week saying I needed a refund as I really needed a new record brush.(I ordered a record brush as well as some vinyl). Got another response, 'sorry for the delay, shipping your orders'. Still heard nothing.

I didn't hear anything, sent a mail last week saying I needed a refund as I really needed a new record brush.(I ordered a record brush as well as some vinyl). Got another response, 'sorry for the delay, shipping your orders'. Still heard nothing.
The images in my head, of this Nangles living situation could fill a book. Towers of records piled to the ceiling, all in danger of imminent collapse, a single functioning lightbulb slowly swings overhead, a fridge full of nothing but eggplants and a half empty jar of molasses. I'm so curious.

Last edited:
Dickhead cancelled my order. Aparently I should be more patient because he’s a one man band, as if 5 weeks is a totally acceptable waiting period!

Anyway I've found a new Mofi and AP in the uk. Mains Cables R Us www.mcru.co.uk

Ive bought a linear power supply for my turntable for them before and it was a good experience. i didn't realise that they sold records too! I’ll update as and when they arrive here.

Dickhead cancelled my order. Aparently I should be more patient because he’s a one man band, as if 5 weeks is a totally acceptable waiting period!

Ive bought a linear power supply for my turntable for them before and it was a good experience. i didn't realise that they sold records too! I’ll update as and when they arrive here.
Good luck with them. I had my most expensive mistake with them ever. I asked them specifically for assurance about putting a low customs value (and said it was fine if they couldn't but that I wouldn't buy it in that case). They explicitly assured me they knew what to do and all would be fine, and then I got hit by a £80 bill and they blamed it all on me. I felt rather cheated.

Infuriating. I’d do a charge back at this stage if I was you. My order has dropped off his system completely, not even showing to display “cancelled” as a status. I’ll contact the bank for a charge back on both payments I have heard nothing in a fortnight!

Hoping mcru works out, they custom built the linear power supply for me last year and were really quick and professional in doing that and getting it out. I really want that damn Dylan one and MoFi have confirmed that no more are being pressed. Also having another option is fantastic.

MCRU are generally a little expensive. I nearly bought the Monk One Step from them but missed it while I was debating if I wanted rot spend so much on a record. With MCRU check the Vinyl Adventure . It's the same shop but sometimes has extra discounts.

Good luck with them. I had my most expensive mistake with them ever. I asked them specifically for assurance about putting a low customs value (and said it was fine if they couldn't but that I wouldn't buy it in that case). They explicitly assured me they knew what to do and all would be fine, and then I got hit by a £80 bill and they blamed it all on me. I felt rather cheated.

Nangle or mcru?

Infuriating. I’d do a charge back at this stage if I was you. My order has dropped off his system completely, not even showing to display “cancelled” as a status. I’ll contact the bank for a charge back on both payments I have heard nothing in a fortnight!

Hoping mcru works out, they custom built the linear power supply for me last year and were really quick and professional in doing that and getting it out. I really want that damn Dylan one and MoFi have confirmed that no more are being pressed. Also having another option is fantastic.

Your'e tempting me to get Oh Mercy now. Vinyl budget was blown in Jan :)

MCRU are generally a little expensive. I nearly bought the Monk One Step from them but missed it while I was debating if I wanted rot spend so much on a record. With MCRU check the Vinyl Adventure . It's the same shop but sometimes has extra discounts.

It’s actually working out £30 cheaper than Nangle for the two!

What really fucked me off today was the tone of his email as if I should be totally more patient than to expect that a package should have shipped after 5 weeks!

MCRU, I'm afraid

Ah fair enough. It’s a pity pity that they said they would and then didn’t. But look with the U.K. being outside the EU now we have to pay customs if the parcel is flagged. As I buyer I accept that’s my risk to take. Hopefully not but I don’t have a recourse if it is, it’s my responsibility not the stores.

I am also hoping it goes out Royal Mail because An Post are swamped at the moment and don’t appear to have referred any parcel I’ve received from outside the EU to customs since COVID kicked off...

If looking for alternate suppliers in Europe, Ive recently (in the last month) bought from muziker.ie (AP) groovesland (Mofi one step) achimsaudiophilesvinyl.de (Mofi) musicandvideo.it (Impex) sepeaaudio.com (pure pleasure, speakers corner)
Have found some bargains on each site (compared to standard US imported prices) all well packaged and shipped to Dublin

no brexit worries from UK supplier

If looking for alternate suppliers in Europe, Ive recently (in the last month) bought from muziker.ie (AP) groovesland (Mofi one step) achimsaudiophilesvinyl.de (Mofi) musicandvideo.it (Impex) sepeaaudio.com (pure pleasure, speakers corner)
Have found some bargains on each site (compared to standard US imported prices) all well packaged and shipped to Dublin

Cheers! Being originally from the UK by default Ive always wanted to support uk businesses as a second choice after local. Sadly brexshit will necessitate a rethink. I’ll keep an eye on those places in the future thanks!

Cheers! Being originally from the UK by default Ive always wanted to support uk businesses as a second choice after local. Sadly brexshit will necessitate a rethink. I’ll keep an eye on those places in the future thanks!

There is also Vinyl Gourmet, based in Portugal, who carries MoFi and AP titles.

The images in my head, of this Nangles living situation could fill a book. Towers of records piled to the ceiling, all in danger of imminent collapse, a single functioning lightbulb slowly swings overhead, a fridge full of nothing but eggplants and a half empty jar of molasses. I'm so curious.

Personally I imagine the same teetering pile of records but with Rab C Nesbitt, urban philosopher, running the show...

60780125-EA28-4EE8-B518-8F2E98250940.jpeg

My Lou Reed Transformer Speakers Corner arrived today. Got it for a nice price (38cdn). Sent me the wrong version but when I contacted them they had a replacement out in a couple of hours and in my hands in 2 days. So there might be a 2017 RCA/Legacy reissue coming soon to the PIF thread

Back