Definitive Audiophile pressings

Amen. I'm bummed I missed out on that KG cut of Blue last year...completely missed it but hoping that gets a repress. It's on backorder at Acoustic Sounds so hoping it's just a victim of the backed up represses at RTI.
@MikeH So I saw this and got around to checking my local today. It just so happened they had 2 in stock so I grabbed them both in case you want the other at cost. Let me know!

Jeff Buckley - Grace

There’s another “modern” album that would be perfect for mofi. I put modern in quotation marks because it will be 27 this year.

Instead we get one steps of Clapton being boring without electric riffs and David fucking Crosby!

Last edited:
Jeff Buckley - Grace

There’s another “modern” album that would be perfect for mofi. I put modern in quotation makes because it will be 27 this year.

Instead we get one steps of Clapton being boring without electric riffs and David fucking Crosby!
You know who DID do a solid cut of Grace..... ;)

I whole-heartedly agree with you though. somebody please give us some newer music from these reissue labels. we know they can nail the quality. now get some better A&R.

I whole-heartedly agree with you though. somebody please give us some newer music from these reissue labels. we know they can nail the quality. now get some better A&R.

Yeah that was released in a sleeve that had the same barcode as a Capitol masters pressing that was shit and is also not that easy to get hold of.

I’m just going to keep pointing out perfect more modern albums that were likely cut to tape (not that this should matter) and thay would sell to their target audience, nevermind all the young, actually not young but really getting old, dudes like me.

Was also a Bernie ORG cut, but of course out of print. Whoa just checked prices on those. Guess I shouldn't have put off picking that one up.

Also I was reading an interview with Nigel Godrich, Radiohead didn’t scrap all their master tapes as i had originally thought. Supposedly the wrapper to AMSP box was unused off cuts from Kid A and whilst they did convert their master tapes to digital the tapes are still properly stored away. Get on it old mofi crusties with your wonderful gear!

Yeah that was released in a sleeve that had the same barcode as a Capitol masters pressing that was shit and is also not that easy to get hold of.

I’m just going to keep pointing out perfect more modern albums that were likely cut to tape and thay would sell to their target audience, nevermind all the young, actually not young but really getting old, dudes like me.
the barcode thing really makes me frustrated. there are too many pressings that do that lately and it becomes hard to actually find a pressing I want...I have found that AS and elusive disc are pretty good at listing which ones are actually which but they tend to sell out quickly. Those Kev cuts in particular have a lot of the same barcodes but were cut at different places and different sources (like some of the Van Mo being digital and some analogue source). It sucks that the only way to know on some is to buy them and hope for the best

Looking for some help.

Ive recently been given a small collection of records and in there was a MOFI copy of Miles Davis "In A Silent Way".

Im not an audiophile by any means (and already own a copy of the Music on Vinyl pressing of this record which is good enough for me) so im looking to sell it but have no idea on price? Its near mint, only been played once he told me. Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Ok update on this!

Ive taken collection of this record now. Its more VG+ visually but sound is absolutely Excellent! Just playing it now on my Linn Axis turntable. There are a couple of surface hairlines and a mark to one side of the label. The sleeve is in VG+ condition with a slight corner crease and some edges rounded due to storage. If you are interested in buying this please message me and we can discuss a price. Ive checked Discogs so have an idea of what they are going for but id rather it be sold to a collector on here for a fair price! Can provide pics/video clips upon request. And its numbered 003704!

I’m just going to keep pointing out perfect more modern albums that were likely cut to tape (not that this should matter) and thay would sell to their target audience, nevermind all the young, actually not young but really getting old, dudes like me.
We should all pitch in, buy shares of MoFi/MD and impose some more modern titles for them to press. Who's in?

Back