Definitive Audiophile pressings

So, I finally received the first 2 of the Classic series (together with AP L.A Woman, can't wait to spin that one), and currently halfway through listening to The Sidewinder. Let's just say it sounds very good. I just wish it came in the Tone Poet packaging, but other than that it's a 10/10!
You are gunna flip your wig when it comes to LA Woman. That's a show piece.

You are gunna flip your wig when it comes to LA Woman. That's a show piece.
Have you checked out any of the DCC Doors pressings? Really curious how they stack up in a shoot out. I think they are all pretty expensive now though. I was able to grab Strange Days for $50 on discogs on make an offer and really love the sound + pressing of it but don't have any of the Doors APs.

Have you checked out any of the DCC Doors pressings? Really curious how they stack up in a shoot out. I think they are all pretty expensive now though. I was able to grab Strange Days for $50 on discogs on make an offer and really love the sound + pressing of it but don't have any of the Doors APs.
I haven't no, they would likely be more than the APs up here in Canada at this point by a loooong shot.

Mine sounded good, but wasn’t as impressive as I expected which is why I thought my stylus was fucked up and it’s now why I’ll most likely be getting them shibata styli 😂: DAMN YALL AND YOUR LA WOMAN LOve
I mean, I think you probably also have to take into account whenever I praise anything that my system is also more expensive than our car (which... I know, it's totally stupid, don't do this). So like... it may pick up some dynamics over systems that like... aren't.

I mean, I think you probably also have to take into account whenever I praise anything that my system is also more expensive than our car (which... I know, it's totally stupid, don't do this). So like... it may pick up some dynamics over systems that like... aren't.
Oh my goodness, you’re living the dream.

I've been looking for a "better" sounding exile on main street and after the talk on here it sounds like the 2020 abbey road half speed is worth a shot... Would love some help on which one is it? (I'm sure it's the more expensive one though ha)

I've been looking for a "better" sounding exile on main street and after the talk on here it sounds like the 2020 abbey road half speed is worth a shot... Would love some help on which one is it? (I'm sure it's the more expensive one though ha)

Exile on Main St. 2LP - Half Speed Master

Thas that one...

Because my work blocks the site, what is the difference between the two....from the preview it sounds like slight variation from the wording; but what is the substantive difference?
One of them is an Abbey Road Half-Speed mastered pressing ($49.98) and the other one is also Half-Speed mastered, but not by Abbey Road ($38.98). So, different pressing locations and studio mastering, and I’m guessing maybe different mastering engineers!

Do you love the album “Exile On Main St.” Lord?

The only reissue in 2015 was sticky fingers. All the rest were from 2010, with a special edition of Some Girls released in 2011.

The 2015 sticky fingers, which I have is flat, but it’s not an abbey road half speed master, none of them were bar the press of Exile in 2016 that was the very first of the abbey road half speed mastered series that come with the obis and certificate of authenticity.

All fhe other albums were only done and released in 2020, it’s why before that it wasn’t that easy to get hold of new copies of the post Decca Stones albums and the ones, bar exile, that you could all sounded shit.

I have the 2015 Sticky Fingers with the Spanish cover, I think it's the same vinyl as the standard cover double pack. To be honest I haven't played it in 4 years & need to dig it out, but it has good reviews on Discogs Should I be replacing this with one of the 2020 Half speed masters? Or, should I be hunting down an OG copy? (if I want a dynamic pressing).

in general are the 2020 half speed masters worth picking up, or would I be better looking for OG copies?

I have the 2015 Sticky Fingers with the Spanish cover, I think it's the same vinyl as the standard cover double pack. To be honest I haven't played it in 4 years & need to dig it out, but it has good reviews on Discogs Should I be replacing this with one of the 2020 Half speed masters? Or, should I be hunting down an OG copy? (if I want a dynamic pressing).

in general are the 2020 half speed masters worth picking up, or would I be better looking for OG copies?

I'm not keen on my 2015 press of it but I've not heard the 2020. I have 10 of the 2020, all apart from Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goats Head Soup and Some Girls, and they all sound excellent. With Stones in general though if you can get a clean OG that's the way to go.

I'm not keen on my 2015 press of it but I've not heard the 2020. I have 10 of the 2020, all apart from Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goats Head Soup and Some Girls, and they all sound excellent. With Stones in general though if you can get a clean OG that's the way to go.

I'll pick some of the 2020 issues up, and work on getting some OG copies if I can. If I ever get around to sorting my collection out, I could sell the 2015 double & that would pay for a few 2020 pressings.

This is a timely thread. I used listen to the Stone quite a bit but haven't for ages. I heard moonlight mile on TV the other day & thought I better dig out some stones.

One of them is an Abbey Road Half-Speed mastered pressing ($49.98) and the other one is also Half-Speed mastered, but not by Abbey Road ($38.98). So, different pressing locations and studio mastering, and I’m guessing maybe different mastering engineers!

I like it. I don't hand out my love so freely.

I'm not looking for a copy, but I am familiar w/ a bunch of the Abbey Rd 1/2 speeds. Just couldn't see the details of the two links.

Read the content not the heading. Both were remastered at abbey road. The first was done in 2016 and it was redone in 2020 using a different source.

Read the content not the heading. Both were remastered at abbey road. The first was done in 2016 and it was redone in 2020 using a different source.
Which one is the higher priced one - 2016 or 2020? And what are the source differences?

Again, sorry for the questions but I don't feel like waiting to know till I get off work.

Back