Definitive Audiophile pressings

I know I keep my eyes open for those ones! Don't have one yet though. But for NM they're mostly like $300 CAD. That's too much for me...
Didn’t realize they were going for that much now 👀. I got one from OMC and another from Hoffman classifieds. If I see more I’ll let ya know. People post Japanese pressings on hoffman fairly frequently.

I’m a gatefold/tip-on slut myself but fancy foil and die cut jackets are also quite nice.
I'm probably in the minority.

I really have taking a liking to the cheap jackets like BNC offers purely for price and function. I can get those LPs for $12-$15 on some sales deals and they take up 1/3 of the space gatefolds do.
All my records are stored forward facing bin style so I never look at the spines.

I would guess that they used a different house for the bonus tracks on side 4?
That makes sense.

They were probably reusing the BG metal work going back to some time. Maybe 2010.
He is listed on the cuts back to 1994 but there is a test pressing listed in 2010 with ORG.
My copy scratches out the ORG in the runout.

Edit: which means people are paying $250 for a red piece of vinyl vs my purple vinyl that came from the same stamper 9 years later and cost like $20. Oh this hobby is funny sometimes.

2019 $20 copy
Matrix / Runout (Side A runout): DGC 24727 A BG 18293.1(3)... -21921- P.USA ̷O̷R̷G̷ ̷0̷3̷4̷-̷A̷
Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): DGC 24727 B BG 18293.2(3)... -21921- P.USA ̷O̷R̷G̷ ̷0̷3̷4̷-̷B̷

2009 $250 copy

• Matrix / Runout (Side A): ORG 034-A -21921- P USA 18293.1(3)••• BG
  • Matrix / Runout (Side B): ORG 034-B -21921- P USA 18293.2(3)••• BG

Last edited:
Speaking of Nirvana - Nevermind, I got an original 1991 German/EU pressing a long time ago. Later I found a 1998 Simply Vinyl pressing...and it doesn't sound all that great.

I really haven't looked at getting any of the new pressings, as the original is good....and I'm a little tired of that album.

This is the Simply Vinyl I have...

And the German/EU...

Ha! I didn’t realize that. Good to know.
You've gotta either get the OG or the MOV. They both used the RL plates. In fact I'm almost certain I read in the past that Ludwig said that Rage album was one of the jobs he was most proud of, just due to the nature of the music and how well it turned out. But I could be imagining that...

You've gotta either get the OG or the MOV. They both used the RL plates. In fact I'm almost certain I read in the past that Ludwig said that Rage album was one of the jobs he was most proud of, just due to the nature of the music and how well it turned out. But I could be imagining that...
Hmmm. I have the 2012 United pressing. Discogs says it was mastered by Bob but maybe someone copied over the notes from the original pressing and possibly didn’t update it.

Hmmm. I have the 2012 United pressing. Discogs says it was mastered by Bob but maybe someone copied over the notes from the original pressing and probably update it.
That's XX right? That's Vlado Mueller. Oh wait, the MOV 2012? That I'm not sure but I believe that's a Masterdisk remaster of some sort.

Hi-Voltage added a couple more Audiophile albums online, MoFi George Benson’s Breezin’ for $30 and SuperDiscs Police Ghost In The Machine for $50.
If I hadn’t picked up a $5 copy of Breezin’ this past weekend I might have jumped on that one.

Just looking through the rage represses of the other album and apparently the 2018 repress sounds good but the vocal take for Roll Right is completely different from the original, someone at Sony sent the mastering engineer an earlier vocal take in error. The MOV of that one does seem much easier to source though!

Oh no sorry. For a solid copy it’s also pricy. Damnit.

Back