Definitive Audiophile pressings

I was charged. Shows in an order with another item. It was not a pre-order. The total was taken. The communication is that they will notify me when it's in stock and ready to ship.
Ah strange! My Sinatra was a backorder but I wasn’t charged until it shipped a week ago. But I didn’t order it with anything else so maybe that’s why.

I am tracking.

I was also thinking of trying out the AI enzyme cleaner also.
Seems like a deeper cleaning may be the key here.

I have cleaned several 40-50 year old records but nothing compares to this surface noise.
Also have a sizable scratch throuh Black Mountain Side.

Seller gave me partial refund 40%.

Not one to leave bad reviews but a little frustrating with this BS.

I feel ur pain. I never buy anything not listed as NM- and contact seller to confirm condition and version if I don’t know them. Then explain how to pack it so it arrives in good shape.

It’s still a crap shoot. Old beat up copies of classic albums are easy to find. No need to have them shipped from halfway across the country or world. Don’t want a discount on a wore out vinyl. Just want the item I ordered in the condition it was listed / described.

I have this one:

can give it a clean and listen in the next day or so if you'd like!
Sure, if you wanna weigh in I wouldn’t mind getting your opinion. I am gonna give the 2015 Brazil pressing a listen tomorrow and if it is up to snuff I will probably sell or return the Lilith pressing. If there are issues with the Brazil pressing I will A/B the two copies and keep whichever sounds best. I will chime in with my take soon.

So…anyone have a recommendation on which pressing of Mad Season-Above to get ? Both look to be cut by boom boom

Europe (MOV)

US (rti)

So…anyone have a recommendation on which pressing of Mad Season-Above to get ? Both look to be cut by boom boom

Europe (MOV)

US (rti)
I have the us version and it sounds nice.

Europe (MOV)

US (rti)
I can vouch for the MOV one, but I bet they're both pretty good. Definitely grab what you can get before the price gets inflated.

Europe (MOV)

US (rti)
I grabbed the US from Elusive Disc. The MOV seems to be cheaper but there appear to be versions that were NOT KG cuts (there are two sets of different runouts in the discogs listing). I did see the MOV on ebay for cheaper than the US version from Elusive Disc. Cheapest I saw the US one was around $40 shipped.

So, I have wanted a copy of Os Mutantes 1968 self-titled Brazilian psych Classic for quite awhile. Problem is that OGs go for a mint and are super hard to find in good condition. That has limited me to their Reissues, of those it looks like the two most readily available for a reasonable price are the Russian label Lilith or a Scorpio reissue. Neither sounded super appealing but my local got a copy of the Lilith reissue in stock last week for around $20. I was there picking up something else anyways so I figured I would grab that also. Fast forward a week and I haven’t yet gotten the opportunity to spin it but I’m looking over my Local “New Arrivals” post online and lo and behold they just got in a NM (probably closer to VG+) copy of the 2015 Polysom Brazilian Mono reissue. That is pretty tough to track down in the states for $39. I bit the bullet and purchased this record again. I am gonna A/B the two for comparison sake and then either PIF or sell the version I least prefer. It’s just weird how stuff like this happens.

Anyways anybody own or have an opinion on Os Mutantes pressings?

Here are the two I now own…

The still sealed Russian Lilith…

And the Brazilian Mono Polysom I need to pick up…
FF445904-2BBF-45E6-B15B-4ADDE474E11B.jpeg
Alright, so I spun the 2015 Polysom Mono reissue from Brazil and think that it’s probably as good as it’s gonna get. No static, flat discs the mono mix has some oomph to it. Nice bass throughout. It’s good enough that I will probably just leave the Lilith pressing sealed as I doubt it would be an improvement on the Polysom.

View attachment 130010
Alright, so I spun the 2015 Polysom Mono reissue from Brazil and think that it’s probably as good as it’s gonna get. No static, flat discs the mono mix has some oomph to it. Nice bass throughout. It’s good enough that I will probably just leave the Lilith pressing sealed as I doubt it would be an improvement on the Polysom.
i took a listen to mine last night too. it sounds okay--not amazing, not bad. also flat + no static or noise.

Does anyone have experience or thoughts about OJC’s 1980s colored vinyl releases, such as this Cal Tjader album. I think Fantasy had some colored vinly releases back in the day, and I think some of OJC’s reissues replicate or honor that.

Does anyone have experience or thoughts about OJC’s 1980s colored vinyl releases, such as this Cal Tjader album. I think Fantasy had some colored vinly releases back in the day, and I think some of OJC’s reissues replicate or honor that.
i haven't see any of those, but since they are 80s OJCs I'd assume they are also AAA and I haven't come across any poor sounding 80s OJCs yet!

So, I have wanted a copy of Os Mutantes 1968 self-titled Brazilian psych Classic for quite awhile. Problem is that OGs go for a mint and are super hard to find in good condition. That has limited me to their Reissues, of those it looks like the two most readily available for a reasonable price are the Russian label Lilith or a Scorpio reissue. Neither sounded super appealing but my local got a copy of the Lilith reissue in stock last week for around $20. I was there picking up something else anyways so I figured I would grab that also. Fast forward a week and I haven’t yet gotten the opportunity to spin it but I’m looking over my Local “New Arrivals” post online and lo and behold they just got in a NM (probably closer to VG+) copy of the 2015 Polysom Brazilian Mono reissue. That is pretty tough to track down in the states for $39. I bit the bullet and purchased this record again. I am gonna A/B the two for comparison sake and then either PIF or sell the version I least prefer. It’s just weird how stuff like this happens.

Anyways anybody own or have an opinion on Os Mutantes pressings?

Here are the two I now own…

The still sealed Russian Lilith…

And the Brazilian Mono Polysom I need to pick up…
The Polysom pressings are reliable in my experience. But there’s only so much you can do with sound of some of these older Brazilian recordings; the source material is often shoddy to begin with.

I am tracking.

I was also thinking of trying out the AI enzyme cleaner also.
Seems like a deeper cleaning may be the key here.

I have cleaned several 40-50 year old records but nothing compares to this surface noise.
Also have a sizable scratch throuh Black Mountain Side.

Seller gave me partial refund 40%.

Not one to leave bad reviews but a little frustrating with this BS.
That's not VG+ in my book. That is a seller who found a copy in a country fair bin, paid 50 cents, and is flipping. It was probably a teenager's back in the day, played on a KMart plastic portable, left out of the sleeve on top of a pile, and probably has weed resin baked in.

Back