Definitive Audiophile pressings

Does anyone have experience or thoughts about OJC’s 1980s colored vinyl releases, such as this Cal Tjader album. I think Fantasy had some colored vinly releases back in the day, and I think some of OJC’s reissues replicate or honor that.
Older OJC's were hit and miss, mostly pretty good and very good value. I remember my pops getting many for $10 and under. I have a master list around here somewhere someone posted on audio asylum way back when with a good list of the hits. I will try to dig that out in the coming weeks and share it.

That's not VG+ in my book. That is a seller who found a copy in a country fair bin, paid 50 cents, and is flipping. It was probably a teenager's back in the day, played on a KMart plastic portable, left out of the sleeve on top of a pile, and probably has weed resin baked in.
or LSD

That’s the kind of news I come to this board for!
My father in law likes to share any stories involving vinyl with me lately. He sent me a news clipping the other day about how authorities caught an Italian man who has been on the run for the past 25 years. Police were able to track him down on social media and found he was using a fake name and selling records online in Venezuela. They bought some records from him and dusted them for fingerprints and were able to match his identity. Then they posed as the record buyer and agreed to a meeting in person where they arrested him 🤣

Gotta give some love to this album/pressing here:

@TenderLovingKiller® i think you’re the resident Blake Mills fan? Don’t know if you ever grabbed this one. Really dig this pressing. Pino Palladio gives the bass on my setup a workout. Pressed at MPO and cut by Daniel Krieger. Should be available for around $20. All Blake’s albums sound awesome on vinyl.

Gotta give some love to this album/pressing here:

@TenderLovingKiller® i think you’re the resident Blake Mills fan? Don’t know if you ever grabbed this one. Really dig this pressing. Pino Palladio gives the bass on my setup a workout. Pressed at MPO and cut by Daniel Krieger. Should be available for around $20. All Blake’s albums sound awesome on vinyl.
Yeah, it’s on my list, my local has a copy but I haven’t picked it up yet. I get a Sam Wilkes/Sam Gendel vibes from the music, something you introduced me to; that I absolutely love also. Good to know it’s another quality pressing.

Yeah, it’s on my list, my local has a copy but I haven’t picked it up yet. I get a Sam Wilkes/Sam Gendel vibes from the music, something you introduced me to; that I absolutely love also. Good to know it’s another quality pressing.
Yea Gendel has his fingerprints on it for sure. It’s almost a mix of his music and Blake’s last instrumental album. Lots of cool musicians on this one.

I have a third copy on the way. The first two both had non fill issues. Sooooooo your mileage may vary. It is a nice sounding quiet pressing though …..when it’s nice sounding and quiet. 😄

I have a third copy on the way. The first two both had non fill issues. Sooooooo your mileage may vary. It is a nice sounding quiet pressing though …..when it’s nice sounding and quiet. 😄
damn! was yours the repress or the first press? mine didn't have an Impulse hype sticker on it so according to discogs it's a "repress". i gave mine a clean and it was dead quiet and no non-fill on mine.

damn! was yours the repress or the first press? mine didn't have an Impulse hype sticker on it so according to discogs it's a "repress". i gave mine a clean and it was dead quiet and no non-fill on mine.
I don’t recall on the first copy, but the second one definitely had the impulse sticker. I preordered it from Amazon about a year ago and it kept getting pushed back, but it finally arrived a couple of weeks ago. Surprised to hear there has been a repress already. As for the non fill, it’s par for the course for MPO in my experience. During the pandemic at least, they are as bad as GZ. Same garbage on the new daft punk discovery release. What surprised me is how good Notes With Attachments sounds when there isn’t a repetitive clicking noise to deal with. Dead quiet background. I bet yours sounds great. The music is fantastic.

I don’t recall on the first copy, but the second one definitely had the impulse sticker. I preordered it from Amazon about a year ago and it kept getting pushed back, but it finally arrived a couple of weeks ago. Surprised to hear there has been a repress already. As for the non fill, it’s par for the course for MPO in my experience. During the pandemic at least, they are as bad as GZ. Same garbage on the new daft punk discovery release. What surprised me is how good Notes With Attachments sounds when there isn’t a repetitive clicking noise to deal with. Dead quiet background. I bet yours sounds great. The music is fantastic.
Damn. By my count I’ve purchased 20 or so albums pressed by MPO in the past 2 years. Zero pressing issues. I’ve heard of issues from other people too but have managed to avoid them so far. Hope you get a clean copy!

interesting detail: Pre-orders for a standard three-step process 180g 45RPM 2LP will be announced at a future date.

interesting detail: Pre-orders for a standard three-step process 180g 45RPM 2LP will be announced at a future date.

Well - I'm getting a copy of 1984, but do I NEED the MOFI Super Vinyl edition?

Back