Definitive Audiophile pressings

I was gonna nominate @Mather to take over but she'll do.
I kinda feel like being a mastering engineer would be it's own kind of hell for music lovers. Like sure you get to hear the albums in likely unparalleled clarity but you have to pore over ever song millisecond by millisecond, over and over again to make sure everything is correct. I don't know how you don't come out of each of these sessions being sick to death of every album you've worked on.

Yea--I have always liked the album but never owned it on vinyl. I had a feeling it was a good pressing...I love all my Speakers Corner albums and need to get more! I'll see if I can grab a copy soon.
I can confirm Ry Cooder - Jazz SC sounds quite excellent. Listening to Side A now as my AS package arrived today.

I also thought Tijuana Moods SC sounded very good. These are my first two SC. Will definitely be on my radar in the future.

Transformer. Get Transformer.
Yea--I was able to grab Transformer for a pretty good deal it seems. It sounds awesome. I think it's long OOP now so I'd say scoop it up before it keeps going up in value. Maybe it's easier to find for Europe/UK folks since SC is based in europe, but most of the US copies I have seen are going for around $100 almost now. I had trouble finding a decently priced copy a few months ago.

If anybody in the UK is lookin for it...:

Yea--I was able to grab Transformer for a pretty good deal it seems. It sounds awesome. I think it's long OOP now so I'd say scoop it up before it keeps going up in value. Maybe it's easier to find in Europe/UK but most of the US copies I have seen are going for around $100 almost now. I had trouble finding a decently priced copy a few months ago.
I... did not know that. I can't remember where I grabbed mine from. Although honestly the MOV is also very good.

EDIT- Appears to be a mint copy of the SC on cogs from Canada for $49 USD before shipping.

My Sarah Vaughan just landed! Spinning it now, initial thoughts are Sarah’s vocal mix sounds fantastic, rest of the instrumentation leaves a bit to be desired. They may have honestly done the best they could based on how it was recorded at the time. Sounds like the piano is down the hall somewhere 😂, drums feel pretty flat and not very dynamic. Clifford Brown sounds pretty good, can’t complain too much. I’m probably being unfair tbh, I listened to a crap load of Lee Morgan TP’s yesterday and the clarity and bite that his Trumpet has on those mixes is absolutely palpable and freakishly clear.

Overall, very happy to welcome this baby into the collection, the music is sublime and Sarah Vaughan’s knack for phrasing and delivery is indubitable and makes for an extremely pleasant listen.

Waiting on Clifford Brown to arrive next week, then I’m on a AS series break until those Bill Evans records hit pre-order.

My Sarah Vaughan just landed! Spinning it now, initial thoughts are Sarah’s vocal mix sounds fantastic, rest of the instrumentation leaves a bit to be desired. They may have honestly done the best they could based on how it was recorded at the time. Sounds like the piano is down the hall somewhere 😂, drums feel pretty flat and not very dynamic. Clifford Brown sounds pretty good, can’t complain too much. I’m probably being unfair tbh, I listened to a crap load of Lee Morgan TP’s yesterday and the clarity and bite that his Trumpet has on those mixes is absolutely palpable and freakishly clear.

Overall, very happy to welcome this baby into the collection, the music is sublime and Sarah Vaughan’s knack for phrasing and delivery is indubitable and makes for an extremely pleasant listen.

Waiting on Clifford Brown to arrive next week, then I’m on a AS series break until those Bill Evans records hit pre-order.
My Vaughn should get here in a week, looking forward to hearing it vs these notes. Also awaiting the 3 QRP pressed Sterling mastered Hendrix studio albums arriving later today. Very much looking forward to spinning those.

I... did not know that. I can't remember where I grabbed mine from. Although honestly the MOV is also very good.

EDIT- Appears to be a mint copy of the SC on cogs from Canada for $49 USD before shipping.
Yea--that's the last somewhat affordable copy it seems on discogs. Looks like $55 shipped to the US. Next one is $88 shipped and there are only 5 copies left in total on discogs.

Yea--that's the last somewhat affordable copy it seems on discogs. Looks like $55 shipped to the US. Next one is $88 shipped and there are only 5 copies left in total on discogs.
4 copies left at Pure Pleasure for £25. I picked one up just before Christmas and it's waiting for me in the UK if I make it over there any time soon...

4 copies left at Pure Pleasure for £25. I picked one up just before Christmas and it's waiting for me in the UK if I make it over there any time soon...
I should look at their site again...last time I checked shipping to the US was insane but maybe if I bought enough titles it would make sense. SC titles are typically tricky to get here although more US shops like Plaidroom and Comeback Vinyl carry them now.

Didn’t realize there were two! I’ll look closer at mine today and see which is mine. The 2nd one is what I had entered and the listing I purchased from discogs.

Yeah...the 2nd is what I had entered as my copy...but in getting it out saw that it is the first one. This one has the one small pressing ring. The other has the small pressing ring with the sloped outer ring.

Mine looks like a Record Industry pressing - where the other looks like Optimal to me. Neither have any of the usual pressing plant runouts, though.

But it could be why so many people either have issues with this release or don't.

Last edited:
Feel like I've been looking for this record 4EVER but thought I'd check in real quick here.

Does anybody own a 33 or 45RPM Antonio Carlos Jobim - Stoneflower ORG press that they don't spin that they'd be open to selling?

I should look at their site again...last time I checked shipping to the US was insane but maybe if I bought enough titles it would make sense. SC titles are typically tricky to get here although more US shops like Plaidroom and Comeback Vinyl carry them now.
Are you guys talking about the 2020 reissue, or the 2004 SC release?

Feel like I've been looking for this record 4EVER but thought I'd check in real quick here.

Does anybody own a 33 or 45RPM Antonio Carlos Jobim - Stoneflower ORG press that they don't spin that they'd be open to selling?
I remember ya posting about this awhile back and you said you found a copy. Did it not pan out? I'd still recommend going for the Speakers Corner pressing if you can't find the ORG...

Are you guys talking about the 2020 reissue, or the 2004 SC release?
I have the 2020 SC actually but it's a reissue of the 2004 so I believe they are the same. I remember I had a hard time tracking it down for a decent price in the US but maybe I only looked at the 2020 and not the 2004? I think I paid $35+ shipping for my copy.

Back