Definitive Audiophile pressings

Damn. I thought I heard good reviews of it. Acoustic Sounds' discogs listing says LPs are "gorgeous" and their return policy is great so this may be a good punt for someone for $40.

Don't go on my opinion alone. If you get a good copy, I'm sure it will be great. If you get a good return policy it's worth it. All 3 copies I had, had the same defects and probably just a bad batch.

edit - I think I got Mathers warped copies

Don't go on my opinion alone. If you get a good copy, I'm sure it will be great. If you get a good return policy it's worth it. All 3 copies I had, had the same defects and probably just a bad batch.

edit - I think I got Mathers warped copies
They sound quite good, but they tend to be pretty warped across the run.

They sound quite good, but they tend to be pretty warped across the run.
I do want to pick up that Run Out Groove Curtis pressing that just came out recently at some point...people have said it sounds great and that it has really nice packaging.

And weirdly, despite sounding awesome, just found out that the "There's No Place Like America Today" Rhino press that KG cut for Black History Month is not AAA. Kind of a surprise to me but we all know that Boom Boom can make magic even from digital sources.

I do want to pick up that Run Out Groove Curtis pressing that just came out recently at some point...people have said it sounds great and that it has really nice packaging.

And weirdly, despite sounding awesome, just found out that the "There's No Place Like America Today" Rhino press that KG cut for Black History Month is not AAA. Kind of a surprise to me but we all know that Boom Boom can make magic even from digital sources.

"There's No Place Like America Today" really does sound awesome.

I don't, but interested in why the MOV? Isn't the US Columbia Legacy an RKS RTI pressing?
Like the Sundazed KPG cut, the 2015 Columbia Legacy and the 2016 MOV pressings, both cut by RKS, are now hard to find.

In contrast, the Discogs listings for the various Columbia pressings from 2018 on give no indication that they are RKS cuts. I can personally attest that this Columbia pressing from 2018 is not an RKS cut, nor would I recommend it:

Last edited:
"Cecilia" is a perfect pop song, what the hell are you people talking about
It's about 2 minutes and 54 seconds too long for me.

Kidding. I don't think I hate it as much as @Joe Mac does but its definitely not a top S&G song for me at all. Probably stems from me hearing it way too much as a kid though.

Just listening the Barney Wilen RSD release and super impressed. Sounds great, wasn't expecting much as it's a MPO pressing & Boom Boom hasn't been anywhere near it.

edit - as soon ass I post I hear a little distortion - probably just needs a clean. Generally super quiet vinyl & really clear presentation

Back