Definitive Audiophile pressings

I know like 99.9% of the folks in this thread don’t really give a shit

The first 2 were repressed in the early 00s at RTI and cut by KPG.

tenor.gif

Anagrama is really the only one of their SYR releases I ever listened to. I may have to think about getting it.

EDIT: the SY Archives Bandcamp site is out of stock, which is probably a good thing.
I picked up my new copy off of Acoustic Sounds for $14.95. It was an add on to get past the $50 for free shipping. Though it looks like It might have been the last one in stock unfortunately. I think good copies can still be had for around $20 shipped off of Discogs.

Last edited:
Yea I’ve heard the clean Monarch pressing is solid. Gotta track one down. You just got some Japanese Stevie pressings right?
Clean is the key word. Songs is a little easier to find a clean copy of, but a lot of those Tamla releases from Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye were either not pressed on the best quality vinyl or were played to death!

Not saying anyone should pay this price, but I think this 2LP version has been going for a bit more:

I sorta think this will come back into print again. But the 45RPM version really is killer.

I have a few AS discogs things in my cart right now but just kinda waiting for someone else to buy them hah.

I sorta think this will come back into print again. But the 45RPM version really is killer.

I have a few AS discogs things in my cart right now but just kinda waiting for someone else to buy them hah.
Haha. I haven't had quite your degree of restraint. Grabbed a Kinks The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society box set yesterday, and a Ray Charles Genius + Soul 2021 reissue and Taylor Swift's Evermore, both of which were priced low enough that I simply couldn't resist! :D

Haha. I haven't had quite your degree of restraint. Grabbed a Kinks The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society box set yesterday, and a Ray Charles Genius + Soul 2021 reissue and Taylor Swift's Evermore, both of which were priced low enough that I simply couldn't resist! :D
That Kinks box set is rad. Someone here or on the old forum grabbed me a copy when it was an accideal on amazon canada.

I have the Curtis box set and the Aretha box set in my cart right now...I don't need either. Especially the Aretha box because I have 2 of those albums already from my VMP copies that I'm happy with. So someone please feel free to buy either of those! For $40 each, they both seem like good deals.

I know like 99.9% of the folks in this thread don’t really give a shit but I own the first 3 releases Sonic Youth dropped on their SYR label. They are all Sonic Youth Releases consistently mostly of experimental improvised art punk instrumental pieces. The first 2 were repressed in the early 00s at RTI and cut by KPG. SYR 1 is pressed a 45 RPMs and sounds amazing. I believe all the SYR releases that have been pressed or reissues since 2000 were done at RTI (either by KPG or Golden) the series is great if that’s your thing and most can be had for between $10 and $20 bucks.

STOP SPENDING MY MONEY!!

I know like 99.9% of the folks in this thread don’t really give a shit but I own the first 3 releases Sonic Youth dropped on their SYR label. They are all Sonic Youth Releases consistently mostly of experimental improvised art punk instrumental pieces. The first 2 were repressed in the early 00s at RTI and cut by KPG. SYR 1 is pressed a 45 RPMs and sounds amazing. I believe all the SYR releases that have been pressed or reissues since 2000 were done at RTI (either by KPG or Golden) the series is great if that’s your thing and most can be had for between $10 and $20 bucks.

…Now back to the Simon & Garfunkel
While not all the Perspectives Musicales series are Boom Boom certified, I think most were done at RTI. The Simon Werner soundtrack is quite nice, and is SYs last studio record.

Not saying anyone should pay this price, but I think this 2LP version has been going for a bit more:

It's really high up on my wantlist. I do have an alert at deep discount but please @ me if it comes up somewhere.

(that listing is not available in Canada, so at least it's saving me from overpaying, even if that's not bad... I should just wait for a repress)

This OJC Bill Evans "Sunday at the Village Vanguard" is excellent quality for this price, and, as typical for AS, their pricing is all over the place b/c they've listed this for much more previously. OJC "Waltz for Debby" is also excellent.
It’s a digital cut probably right? I do remember them randomly listing some for $50 and then this one for that price haha. So bizarre

It's really high up on my wantlist. I do have an alert at deep discount but please @ me if it comes up somewhere.

(that listing is not available in Canada, so at least it's saving me from overpaying, even if that's not bad... I should just wait for a repress)
Outside of when Amazon had it as an accideal, I think it’s only a little less than this one normally from AS when it’s in print so someone might wanna jump on it if they are in the US. I’ll try to remember to tag ya if I see it repressed! I’d assume they will since I think Rumours was the highest selling vinyl last year or the year before

Back