Definitive Audiophile pressings

Yea it’s just not up to AP. It’s up to Pink Floyd or whoever owns the masters. By the time 2023 comes around, I could see them selling a ton of UHQRs for $150 a piece
Indeed, the demand is definitely there. And if I’m not mistaken, there seems to be a lot of heavy lifting with anything Pink Floyd due to the rift between Waters and Gilmour. Not sure how far it goes, but I know a recent Animals remix was held up for years over a disagreement over liner notes…

At the end of the day, it will be a huge money maker and that’s the important part for the parties involved.

* queues up “Money” *

E1EEA3F0-E1E3-4D60-9DDC-2CEA3133DD54.gif

That's interesting because the specs look no different from the old SACD that was released in 2003 and can be found pretty easily online for a lot less than $35.
Seems like the price has jumped on those recently, or at least the asking price has.

That's interesting because the specs look no different from the old SACD that was released in 2003 and can be found pretty easily online for a lot less than $35.
I have the 2003 SACD. I was wondering whether it’s any different. Doesn’t seem so.

Fwiw, that 2003 5.1 mix is F-ing Fantastic. Transformative for me. I realize 5.1 is not for everyone, and the mix is subjective, but I love it.

Got a notice that my UHQR Kind of Blue replacement record was on its way. So hoping for better luck this time around.
Interesting. My order from May 19 still shows as ‘back ordered.’ Hope your notice is a good sign of things to come (and that you get a clean, flat copy.)

I am pretty sure that it all comes down to Roger Waters not giving any fucks. Not sure it is still the case but he supposedly had full veto rights on releases for years. I think the 2016 reissue series was to keep from Gilmour and Mason from suing him

I am pretty sure that it all comes down to Roger Waters not giving any fucks. Not sure it is still the case but he supposedly had full veto rights on releases for years. I think the 2016 reissue series was to keep from Gilmour and Mason from suing him
I don’t fully understand much of the history, but the last I heard Waters was mad that he couldn’t access the Pink Floyd Facebook page lol. Whatever it is, it seems kind of childish at this stage.

@POGunter acoustic sounds has the Jeff Beck-Truth MoFi for preorder: Jeff Beck-Truth-45 RPM Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds

Also you can call Music Direct and order it from them by phone, they're still taking orders on it: Music Direct | Vinyl Records, Turntables, High End Audio Equipment & Accessories

I think it will probably pop up briefly on Elusive Disc and Music Direct in the future too if you wanna take those chances.

I made a preorder at AS late yesterday when I first saw it.

FWIW MD told me no more preorders on phone.

Thx for tag.

Got a notice that my UHQR Kind of Blue replacement record was on its way. So hoping for better luck this time around.
Should probably get an order placed so i can get my replacement disc, if they've started to ship them.

Also, really stupid i have to say that about getting a replacement part for something i've bought directly from them.

Big Boom Boom day at my house today. The KG/RTI pressing of Purple Rain came through from a cheap eBay buy (sealed for $17 shipped). The Roy Brooks RSD release was a surprise BoomBoom and Aretha live RSD came through too. And was listening to the Prine live RSD box again today.

Big Boom Boom day at my house today. The KG/RTI pressing of Purple Rain came through from a cheap eBay buy (sealed for $17 shipped). The Roy Brooks RSD release was a surprise BoomBoom and Aretha live RSD came through too. And was listening to the Prine live RSD box again today.
Nice! I picked up the Roy Brooks today at a record shop in Atlanta. Somehow I hadn’t even heard of that one before I saw it in the shop, at original retail price. Didn’t know it was a BoomBoom, though I was expecting it to be very good given that it’s a Reel to Real release. Also purchased that Prine live RSD box online last Saturday—haven’t had a chance to check it out, but was glad to see your praise of it in an earlier post. 🍻

Last edited:
Nice! I picked up the Roy Brooks today at a record shop in Atlanta. Somehow I hadn’t even heard of that one before I saw it in the shop, at original retail price. Didn’t know it was a BoomBoom, though I was expecting it to be very good given that it’s a Reel to Real release. Also purchased that Prine live RSD box online last Saturday—haven’t had a chance to check it out, but was glad to see your praise of it in an earlier post. 🍻
I got the Roy Brooks online for retail and didn’t realize it was Boom Boom but the hype sticker says it on it. Haven’t had a chance to spin it yet though. That’s for tomorrow when my wife is out of the house haha

The amount of people trying to flip Jeff Beck MoFi is insane to me. I’m in a few MoFi Facebook groups and people are asking for crazy trades or $150+ cash. The record isn’t even out of print or sold out! Retailers are getting their copies soon and only 2,000 were pressed/sold so far apparently…

Back