Definitive Audiophile pressings

I have often wondered why this feature doesn't exist.

99% of what it shows me is just mad money or in a different country. Even more annoying is the odd occasion that I find something affordable that I am after here in the UK but they clearly have not grasped the new shipping feature as it states "no shipping to the UK".....even though its a UK based seller.

This. How can they not ship to the UK from the UK?

Yes I have seen a few Canadian sellers who don't ship to Canada. Not sure if they just don't know how or can't be bothered to set up their correct shipping info in Discogs. Funny thing is a couple of them I have purchased from in the past.

I think most often it's a setup thing, especially with our postage being a bit more variable depending on where in the country. I was always puzzled by this but found some sellers terms that just stated Discogs setup didn't always allow for the accurate shipping cost to be added and they would be happy to send an accurate invoice based on exact location to location.

I think most often it's a setup thing, especially with our postage being a bit more variable depending on where in the country. I was always puzzled by this but found some sellers terms that just stated Discogs setup didn't always allow for the accurate shipping cost to be added and they would be happy to send an accurate invoice based on exact location to location.
The silly thing though is because you can't add it even to your cart it just adds another layer of complexity to try and get the shipping costs. I just can't be bothered. If it is something i really wanted then I would be singing a different tune.

The silly thing though is because you can't add it even to your cart it just adds another layer of complexity to try and get the shipping costs. I just can't be bothered. If it is something i really wanted then I would be singing a different tune.

I get this, I've yet to be arsed to move ahead on anything I've seen listed like that either, but the day may come... or it may not!

This happened to me lately with a US seller. I messaged the guy, asked him for pictures of the damage and he ended up selling it to me cheaper outside of discogs since I saved him the fees and he had other stuff not listed yet.

Don't let Discogs hear that or you'll get their wrath for...uh...working around their garbo system I guess?

I've had a couple things I'd been really tempted to ask on but ultimately the, like $20ish saved on any thing over the U.S. Seller wouldn't have made a lot of sense for the effort needed.

Mine definitely isn't an investment, but I do like to discover music & albums through vinyl, I won't just go for what I know so to speak. I never used to but any MofIs or AP's, I looked at them loads but always thought they were too expensive until I bought that one album that I always loved, not sure how my mental model changed so drastically over the course of the pandemic.

I do get too tempted sometimes if I see something as cheap, I really shouldn't & definitely should weed out what I don't like. problem is that I'm lazy and it's like working on the forth bridge.

View attachment 106395
;)

5hbjn0.jpg

If anybody was wondering, the Prine Live box set from RSD sounds awesome and is a Boom Boom cut. I’ve seen it as low as $60 for a 4xLP.

Someone on this forum persuaded me to order it. Surprisingly it wasn't massively overpriced on cogs in the UK, I have one on order for £65

Someone on this forum persuaded me to order it. Surprisingly it wasn't massively overpriced on cogs in the UK, I have one on order for £65
I saw it as low as $60 with make an offer on eBay which was shocking. Prine is in his element live and I love his banter between songs. Miss the guy. We were lucky enough to see him play not too long before he passed at Webster Hall in NYC.

no you can’t even add to your basket.

I’m guessing it’s just the dumb new shipping policy. Took me bloody ages to figure out and it’s so easy to click to exclude a country instead of clicking to include them. Also I effectively can’t sell anything to the north because despite us only charging local postage to there it defaults to the U.K. and so charges international postage which is much higher and no one can be arsed with the faff of paying higher and then being refunded the difference 🤦🏻. I miss the no policy and quote on an individual basis days!

I’m guessing it’s just the dumb new shipping policy. Took me bloody ages to figure out and it’s so easy to click to exclude a country instead of clicking to include them. Also I effectively can’t sell anything to the north because despite us only charging local postage to there it defaults to the U.K. and so charges international postage which is much higher and no one can be arsed with the faff of paying higher and then being refunded the difference 🤦🏻. I miss the no policy and quote on an individual basis days!
It’s very annoying that they changed it.

Back