Definitive Audiophile pressings

This will be back in stock shortly!

Can't remember the story behind this one. Know why it is silver label? Mono, right? Anyone ever compared to an original? They are cheap.

Can't remember the story behind this one. Know why it is silver label? Mono, right? Anyone ever compared to an original? They are cheap.
Such an iconic and awesome album but a very less than stellar recording. There was a lot of studio overdubbing too that probably doesn’t help with the sound. I know I read about it probably on the SH forums at some point. I never got the MoFi but it’s a pretty easy record to get for under $10 in perfect condition. I would love to get the silver MoFi if it sounds better than the original pressing though!

think the last batch was rumored to be defective. Story with this recording is Paul Gonsalves launched an epic 27 bar sax solo that had the crowd jumping, but unluckily for us, he was performing into the wrong microphone so most pressings of this have Paul Gonsalves sounding like he's performing down the hall lol.

Been waiting for that one. Might get a VG+ 50s mono off discogs too (they're actually about the same price, but from the original tapes not a copy tape)

think the last batch was rumored to be defective. Story with this recording is Paul Gonsalves launched an epic 27 bar sax solo that had the crowd jumping, but unluckily for us, he was performing into the wrong microphone so most pressings of this have Paul Gonsalves sounding like he's performing down the hall lol.
Paul Gonsalves =

giphy.gif

re: UHQR speculation

Someone suggested Tea For The Tillerman, I’d be in for that one.

What about jazz titles? Aside from Bill Evans Trio “Sunday...”, what other albums and/or artists could hit those Kind Of Blue numbers?
Oh wow, I have been looking out for a copy of Tea For The Tillerman at my local. I have Teaser For The Firecat and love it. Tea For The Tillerman is one that I have passed up dozens of times annoyingly.....and now I never see it!

Quite the jump to go from non to the UHQR though.

JPC wouldn't deliver to Canada for quite a while. Like they were afraid they would get covid cooties just by shipping something here. But they are shipping again, and now Horses is out of stock until June.
Are you sure they are? I'm trying to order something and Canada is still not showing up as an option...

Are you sure they are? I'm trying to order something and Canada is still not showing up as an option...
I went into my account with them and it looked like Canada was listed. I am waiting for Horses to come back in stock before I actually order anything.

Before I tried to update my address and it would not accept Canada as my shipping address but when I went in the other day it let me use Canada.

I went into my account with them and it looked like Canada was listed. I am waiting for Horses to come back in stock before I actually order anything.

Before I tried to update my address and it would not accept Canada as my shipping address but when I went in the other day it let me use Canada.
Okay because I can't use Canada right now. It gives you the shipping price to Canada in your cart but then when you go to actually make the purchase it's not an option.

Back