Definitive Audiophile pressings

extremely fair shipping prices to the US plus good prices on SC albums (and other items compared to US shops. I think I ordered 4 last time and it came out to under $30 each shipped. Shipping is all over the place in terms of speed. Mine took 6 weeks. Others got theirs quicker. I wanna say @Russ I was the original person to point them out?
Order placed, that IS reasonable shipping :)

Let's see how long it takes, not that it really matters.

The longest part for me was waiting for everything to be back in stock as Ann Peebles took longer to come back in stock than they had originally anticipated.

Package getting scanned at outgoing customs in Germany to arriving at my door was exactly 1 month.

The longest part for me was waiting for everything to be back in stock as Ann Peebles took longer to come back in stock than they had originally anticipated.

Package getting scanned at outgoing customs in Germany to arriving at my door was exactly 1 month.
Ya, Heroes is slated for end of June, but it's done, when it gets here it gets here, one more off the list. What Cogs has to offer plus shipping makes it worth a little wait ;)

Yeah, you have to be patient, but that's the only catch and as long as you're aware of it going in, it's no biggie. Shipping is less than a lot of places in the US charge. And I really like that their list prices, which are reasonable to begin with, drop a few Euros (to be observed in the shopping cart) when you login and it becomes evident it's a purchase from the US.

DFF3DB49-B64D-424C-999D-08094204AA64.jpeg

The is a screen shot and comments section grab from the 45RPM Audiophile discussion with Chad K prior to the group discussion. In the comments he responds to the question about the need some Classic (Zeppelin) rock UHQR reissues….In short, the answer is some day they will come.

Here is the link in case anyone missed it

View attachment 98906

The is a screen shot and comments section grab from the 45RPM Audiophile discussion with Chad K prior to the group discussion. In the comments he responds to the question about the need some Classic rock UHQR reissues….In short, the answer is some day they will come.
I mean they just did Jethro Tull and Hendrix UHQRs. Not sure why people think they aren't doing "classic rock".

I mean they just did Jethro Tull and Hendrix UHQRs. Not sure why people think they aren't doing "classic rock".

For sure. And I do love super high quality jazz titles. I think for me the major label Zeppelin reissues were a bit of a (major) let down. And, those Classic(s) are setting there begging to be pressed in UHQR.

Why they chose Aqualung with so many other options who knows.

For sure. And I do love super high quality jazz titles. I think for me the major label Zeppelin reissues were a bit of a (major) let down. And, those Classic(s) are setting there begging to be pressed in UHQR.

Why they chose Aqualung with so many other options who knows.
I would be absolutely shocked if they can get Zeppelin for the UHQR...they chose Aqualung because they could get the rights to it.

Who's Next is the one I'm holding out hope for. Chances are it will be another Classic Records title like that but who knows with all the licensing red tape.

One of the 1st albums I bought with my own $$$s. Still have it but I’m in for another version. 👍

Who's Next is the one I'm holding out hope for. Chances are it will be another Classic Records title like that but who knows with all the licensing red tape.

Chad joked about that one at the start of the stream on Saturday, he basically said, 'I wish'. So I don't think it's next, but I think he'll defiantly be trying for it, as with the Led Zeppelin.

I think he'll do another Hendrix title next. He kept on going on about how pressing the Hendrix and Abbey Road titles always bumps the the AP backorders down the priority list. He has a good relationship & maybe some negotiation leverage with the Hendrix estate, could he possibly be developing a similar relationship with the Apple?

edit - he also talked about well recorded rock titles being few and far between, so whatever he does will likely have been done before and should be easy to guess.

Led Zeppelin, you say? Here are a couple of Classic Records reissues for the wallet-endowed among us:

I think that is why I am so focused on Zep reissues. One of my favorite bands from growing up. Jump a bit forward. At the time all the Classic reissues were coming out I convinced myself I didn’t need them. I bought ll because it was the only one of the early 6 or so Zep LPs I didn’t have good copies of. So from my perspective I am just beating myself up.

And, I would really like to have UHQR versions to play on my current system. :).

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin, you say? Here are a couple of Classic Records reissues for the wallet-endowed among us:

AS is listing serious heavy hitters today, all priced accordingly.

I would be absolutely shocked if they can get Zeppelin for the UHQR...they chose Aqualung because they could get the rights to it.
Agree. Zep would be near impossible to license, particularly since the Classic fiasco with Zep was actually what brought Classic down. It's one thing to have stampers, and another to get rights to press, as Classic painfuly learned.

Back