Definitive Audiophile pressings

Anyone know where you can buy the Jeff Buckley - Grace KG cut at retail? @MikeH I get the sense you're the authority here.
Unfortunately I believe it’s one of those annoying ones where barcode is the same across multiple pressings and if it’s sealed ya don’t know what pressing you’re getting...I gave up a while ago because any new ones I got were a different pressing and not KG.

There's one in the PIF thread now. Not KG though, but they said it sounds good.
Yeah hahah thats what promopted me over here, want to make sure I get the best press of that one frankly. Theres a lot going on musically at times in that album and need that info to be conveyed as accurately and GRACEfully ( ;) ) as possible.

Unfortunately I believe it’s one of those annoying ones where barcode is the same across multiple pressings and if it’s sealed ya don’t know what pressing you’re getting...I gave up a while ago because any new ones I got were a different pressing and not KG.
Agreed, it has to opened up to truly know. The version I have up for PIF said it was repressed in 2010 on the back cover (i.e. KG remaster year), but opened it up and the record states 2015, which is the non KG version. The standard press is really good. As far as I can tell, Boom Boom punched up the drums a tad, but everything else seems the same. If you (@Ghost) can't readily score the KG cut, you should just grab the standard. I know a guy offering it up for free...

It’s a real pity that a certain remaster label with seemingly close ties with Sony hasn’t picked up Grace and Sketches rather than some of the 70s barrel scraping they’ve been engaged in of late...

Back