Definitive Audiophile pressings

Just got that $15 Pink Floyd Wish You Were Deal off Amazon’s Walmart price matching thingy and WOW, this sounds fanfuckintastic, always nice when albums as coveted as this are available in high quality and wide availability. Now need to scoop up the Meddle, DSOTM and Animals pressings from this series. That first guitar pluck on “Wish You Were Here” made my spine tingle 😂.
Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. And honestly, aside from the possibility a NM- original UK pressing might beat it, I'm not sure what there even is to chase!

I can't remember if there was ever a consensus of which of the recent Wish You Were Here was better. IIRC, the EU version was BG and the US version was not. Does anyone know how they compare. All I can remember is that It seemed people liked both.

Edit: Discogs lists 3 US versions from 2016. One is I believe a repress of the 2011 Doug Sax cut (that's what I was thinking of) and the other two are different BG cuts. Interested to know which one yours is @Ghost.

Last edited:
Yea--there are a few Stevies on MoFi actually. It's a silver label so probably not entirely from original tapes but it sounds really good!

Stevie doesn't let the tapes leave his place so mofi took their equipment to him in order to make a copy, is my understanding.

Bob Dylan Mono Box is available on Amazon. Am I wrong or was this sold out before?

I assume - given pressed at RTI - that these sound great?

Amazon product ASIN B003ZYJS5Q
They are incredible. I got it back when they were around $120 or something crazy and there are a few people around here I believe who ended up selling their MoFis. Dylan in mono is the way he was meant to be heard.

Yeah that box set is wonderful. And a bargain if you consider the price per. The pressings are great, and I love the flat, tip-on heavyweight jackets they come in. You even get the textured paper jacket on The Times They Are A-Changin'. Great reproductions of the original mono LPs.

I can't remember if there was ever a consensus of which of the recent Wish You Were Here was better. IIRC, the EU version was BG and the US version was not. Does anyone know how they compare. All I can remember is that It seemed people liked both.

Edit: Discogs lists 3 US versions from 2016. One is I believe a repress of the 2011 Doug Sax cut (that's what I was thinking of) and the other two are different BG cuts. Interested to know which one yours is @Ghost.
Looks like it’s the BG cut! image.jpg

Kinda surprised you don't have this to be honest! It's been the talk of the town on here and the VMP forums for the past few years it seems (although I have NO sense of time anymore).
I know! I intentionally ignored it last time. I have all the mono on Sundazed (which does a pretty good job) but I think I'll bite the bullet and sell off my other copies.

Blasphemy!
😂, I fell in love with music with old school hip hop in high school and then that naturally kind of led into jazz and when I started smoking weed I discovered classic rock senior year and since graduating in 2013 I’ve been diving really deep into jazz and indie rock but somehow never have naturally crossed paths with Radiohead outside of when I played Rockband and had to play Creep over and over again, and I always thought that song was a bit played out. I get SUPER tunnel visioned when I’m discovering music and blinders go on for genres that I’m not enthralled in at that moment. Been on a jazz kick for 5 years now and feel like I still know NOTHING. Got a day full of job applications ahead of me, so it seems like a good day for cathartic alternative rock jams.

Stevie doesn't let the tapes leave his place so mofi took their equipment to him in order to make a copy, is my understanding.
Someday I hope he lets someone reissue his 70’s run and do it the justice it deserves. Talking Book-Songs is quite possibly the best stretch of music by a solo artist. I would buy one-steps of those albums in a heartbeat.

😂, I fell in love with music with old school hip hop in high school and then that naturally kind of led into jazz and when I started smoking weed I discovered classic rock senior year and since graduating in 2013 I’ve been diving really deep into jazz and indie rock but somehow never have naturally crossed paths with Radiohead outside of when I played Rockband and had to play Creep over and over again, and I always thought that song was a bit played out. I get SUPER tunnel visioned when I’m discovering music and blinders go on for genres that I’m not enthralled in at that moment. Been on a jazz kick for 5 years now and feel like I still know NOTHING. Got a day full of job applications ahead of me, so it seems like a good day for cathartic alternative rock jams.
Totally understand. OK Computer came out (along with amazing music videos) at the right time for me. I then missed the rest of their catalog until the last few years when I got into Kid A and In Rainbows, both of which I love and are all-time for me (as well as OK Computer).

I've never listened to Pablo Honey, King of Limbs and another one I can't think of. The Bends and Amnesiac are fine. OK Computer, to me, is the gateway album to what people think of as "Radiohead" and the best place to start.

They are incredible. I got it back when they were around $120 or something crazy and there are a few people around here I believe who ended up selling their MoFis. Dylan in mono is the way he was meant to be heard.

Yeah I can agree, they sound awesome. I also got this back when it was at $120...I think it was last year. I spin all of these on the reg, so glad I grabbed the box.
Now I need a copy of Desire, and a better Nashville Skyline. My Sundazed version is dark and almost muffled sounding at times.

Back