Definitive Audiophile pressings

Ha! Yes! Excellent idea. I hate this sort of behaviour.

I think I'll try and get one later tonight when the next lot drop at 9pm in the UK, but if I don't I won't be overly disappointed. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they press in the future in larger quantities. I like the fact they are communicating on that basis also.
they do seem to be taking customer criticism to heart which i appreciate. people also complained about the shipping boxes and they said they would address it. hopefully that's true!

Damn AS was adding some heat on discogs today, especially if you don't care all that much about a seam split or some edgewear...I grabbed Abbey Road MoFi and Donald Fagen The Nightfly (older single LP MoFi). They have the Doors MoFi for $30 now with messed up sleeve.

Damn AS was adding some heat on discogs today, especially if you don't care all that much about a seam split or some edgewear...I grabbed Abbey Road MoFi and Donald Fagen The Nightfly (older single LP MoFi). They have the Doors MoFi for $30 now with messed up sleeve.

Abbey Road MoFi is awesome! You’ll really enjoy that one!

Thanks! I've been holding back on buying it until I found a good deal and it was $40 VG+/VG+ with shipping so I bit on it!

Yeah I think I paid about €50 + shipping for similar but they’re that little bit rarer over here so usually cost a little more. That said although the jacket shows signs of its age the record was nearer NM once it was cleaned, it’d say the VG+ was because it was one of the dirtiest damn records I’ve bought so that was coming through when they tested it.

Out of the ones I’ve bought so far White is the jewel, best I’ve heard that album, mono included.

Last edited:
One of my favorite MOFIs. I somehow got it off Ebay for not too much and it was in great shape. Enjoy
I got mine off eBay for $100, felt like I got screwed after I read about how much people here paid. But when I received it, it’s NM all the way around, and sounds spectacular, so in my mind, it was $100 well spent.

I got mine off eBay for $100, felt like I got screwed after I read about how much people here paid. But when I received it, it’s NM all the way around, and sounds spectacular, so in my mind, it was $100 well spent.
based on everyone's reviews, i might have a recent abbey road repress goin up in the PIF thread at some point haha

Uh oh, MoFi Pablo Cruise for $15! It's MoFi, but it's Pablo Cruise...

based on everyone's reviews, i might have a recent abbey road repress goin up in the PIF thread at some point haha
I was hesitant based on the discogs reviews, but everybody here for the most part raved, so I took a chance, and I’m glad I did.

Anyone else blown away by the new Pharoah Sanders x Floating Points release? Stopped me in my tracks to be honest, feel like I'm having a religious experience. Hoping that its pressing it pressed well.
I gotta give it a listen! Thanks for the reminder. I think VMPs and the Bleep ones were both pressed at good plants but can't entirely remember which was which.

I gotta give it a listen! Thanks for the reminder. I think VMPs and the Bleep ones were both pressed at good plants but can't entirely remember which was which.
Excited to hear your thoughts. Whole album is essentially one long song, but man is it pretty.

I found it quite boring. I don’t see myself playing it that much.
I can respect and see how you could feel that. For me it feels like one of those records that I'll toss on, light up a joint, throw a yoga mat on the floor and do some ceiling staring with. This is one of my favorite past-times :D and I have tremendous love for the albums in my collection that can help facilitate those moments of introspection. Find it beautiful that at Pharoah's age he still has such vision with his instrument.

I can respect and see how you could feel that. For me it feels like one of those records that I'll toss on, light up a joint, throw a yoga mat on the floor and do some ceiling staring with. This is one of my favorite past-times :D and I have tremendous love for the albums in my collection that can help facilitate those moments of introspection. Find it beautiful that at Pharoah's age he still has such vision with his instrument.
😆 oh, for that purpose yes I think it’s a perfect record. I was def not in that mind set when I listened to it this morning.

Wanted to give an update on my return/exchange with ElusiveDisc.

I imagine this stems from their close relationship with Impex, but the process of getting a complete flawless Three Blind Mice boxset was painless. They immediately sent me another complete boxset along with a return label, allowing me to change the problem discs out and then ship them back free of charge.

I was so impressed with the quality service that I immediately placed another order, this time for Monk's Dream and Greensleeves.

Back