Definitive Audiophile pressings

True. My thought is the general hype around these releases combined with the low pressing # almost makes the title irrelevant (within reason). But I could be wrong 😑.
I have a feeling you are right. Flippers saw how fast the first one sold out. Bet this will sell out as fast if not quicker.

The last one went quick. This one will be quicker. 💨
There's a huge influx of people jumping on the "High End Audiophile" pressings as of late, and flippers are just drooling over it. Unfortunately, unless you're quick on the draw when something restocks or drops, you might as well back burner it for a while.

Has anyone received the lush life? How does that sound? I really love that album and regret not being quick enough to get it.

I don't know if I'd be willing to shell out that much for Eastern Sounds. Any ideas what the other upcoming titles are?

There's a huge influx of people jumping on the "High End Audiophile" pressings as of late, and flippers are just drooling over it. Unfortunately, unless you're quick on the draw when something restocks or drops, you might as well back burner it for a while.

Yes. And for the most part they sound really good.

I missed the 2nd batch of MM SRX releases. I think I was knee deep in the pandemic and for some reason even though I have been buying from MM from the beginning I got no emails. Now, as u say, they are gone forever.

I have some pretty exciting, but unconfirmed, news about the next release in the Craft Small Bath/One-Step series.

I posted the Lush Life on my Instagram earlier and someone messaged to say that his friend works in the distribution warehouse. Apparently they already have the next set ready to go out and supposedly its........Yusef Lateef - Eastern Sounds.

If this is true its such fantastic news and I will definitely try getting a copy.
Great sleuthing @MikeH. I’m definitely going to try and get a copy.

Also going to keep hold of that contact I’ve made and see if he can leak the next release.

Has anyone received the lush life? How does that sound? I really love that album and regret not being quick enough to get it.

I don't know if I'd be willing to shell out that much for Eastern Sounds. Any ideas what the other upcoming titles are?

A number of reviews on line but yes it sounds really good. Doesn’t necessarily mean that a # of other pressings are not equally worthy. This is my only vinyl copy of Lush Life so I can’t judge others.

The good....There are enough audiophile pressings at the moment that we are drowning in good vinyl. You can be choosy and still put together a great collection of pressings/music.

A number of reviews on line but yes it sounds really good. Doesn’t necessarily mean that a # of other pressings are not equally worthy.

The good....There are enough audiophile pressings at the moment that we are drowning in good vinyl. You can be choosy and still put together a great collection of pressings/music.
I have the VMP Eastern Sounds and honestly it's very very good. I'm not certain I'm in for this, but it's intriguing...

True. My thought is the general hype around these releases combined with the low pressing # almost makes the title irrelevant (within reason). But I could be wrong 😑.
This is a great point and have to say I’m someone that probably falls into this. When I got Lush Life I was so impressed that I was excited to hear another in the series. Of course there are titles that I would prefer over others, but if it’s a title that I enjoy then I would consider getting it regardless of how great of a pick it was.

Has anyone had to do any returns or exchanges with Elusive Disc? Side A on my copy of Midnight Sugar out of the Three Blind Mice boxset has a big ol scratch in it. I'm hoping I can just have them send me a replacement vinyl rather than having to return the whole thing...

Back