Definitive Audiophile pressings

One day you'll realize you'd be luck to turn into your granddad. 🍻

Oh true. I amended it when I remember my grandad worked down coal mines and didn’t sip brandy listening to jazz and acting all superior 😂

Also to be fair mofi press more my dads generation. He’s at the grandad stage now!

I don’t consider mofi to widen horizons though, only to narrow them down.

Oh true. I amended it when I remember my grandad worked down coal mines and didn’t sip brandy listening to jazz and acting all superior 😂

Also to be fair mofi press more my dads generation. He’s at the grandad stage now!

I don’t consider mofi to widen horizons though, only to narrow them down.
We agree on that, and yet they can't seem to press them fast enough to sell them! Strange brew. ;)

We agree on that, and yet they can't seem to press them fast enough to sell them! Strange brew. ;)

Yes but it’s hardly a long term strategy and they’re missing a large potential market. Also it’s just boring. I’m not saying don’t press jazz and classic rock I’m just saying maybe press the best of each and once that’s done maybe use resources to press better stuff from newer artists rather than some of the barrels that they are currently scraping. Just look at this years new release presses, there are some real turds mixed in there.

Yes but it’s hardly a long term strategy and they’re missing a large potential market. Also it’s just boring. I’m not saying don’t press jazz and classic rock I’m just saying maybe press the best of each and once that’s done maybe use resources to press better stuff from newer artists rather than some of the barrels that they are currently scraping. Just look at this years new release presses, there are some real turds mixed in there.
Again, I agree, especially where the same titles appear multiple times. As was mentioned earlier (by @zdkaiser, I think), they'd have a ready, paying audience for something new.

Again, I agree, especially where the same titles appear multiple times. As was mentioned earlier (by @zdkaiser, I think), they'd have a ready, paying audience for something new.

Indeed and if they’re not quite ready to go 21st century some things that are less than 40 years old, or even, shock shock horror, less than 30 years old, would be a little move in the right direction.

Also I swear to god that if someone proves my point by listing the small amount of exceptions that prove the rule I won’t be responsible for my reactions!

Indeed and if they’re not quite ready to go 21st century some things that are less than 40 years old, or even, shock shock horror, less than 30 years old, would be a little move in the right direction.

Also I swear to god that if someone proves my point by listing the small amount of exceptions that prove the rule I won’t be responsible for my reactions!
You keep talking like this, you're gonna end up with a MoFi pressing of Weezer's Teal album! ;)

You keep talking like this, you're gonna end up with a MoFi pressing of Weezer's Teal album! ;)

I mean I just won’t buy I like David fucking Crosby or the great guitarist who writes boring songs or the same album being pressed for the 89th time or or or. So no real skin off my nose.

I mean I just won’t buy I like David fucking Crosby or the great guitarist who writes boring songs or the same album being pressed for the 89th time or or or. So no real skin off my nose.

But would you buy the Weezer Teal album MOFI?

That said, I have two words for all of you that proves how progressive MOFI is: "Twisted" and "Sister".

Indeed, and that really is really weird pick, I can’t imagine fhat too many boomers are liking cock rock.
Twisted Sister is such a strange pick. The fact that Twisted Sister and Iron Butterfly sold out so quickly is nuts to me. I just saw that the median on the Iron Butterfly MSFL is over $100. That is insanity. It is such a mediocre album and In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida isn't interesting musically. The hype is in absolute overdrive.

At least 4,000 of them do!

It sold out?

Cock rock/hair metal may actually be the worse form of music imaginable. Terrible people make terrible music with terrible lyrics whilst looking terrible. It’s the musical equivalent of the penis office block in “How I Met Your Mother”

It sold out?

Cock rock/hair metal may actually be the worse form of music imaginable. Terrible people make terrible music with terrible lyrics whilst looking terrible. It’s the musical equivalent of the penis office block in “How I Met Your Mother”
Yeah, it sold out. Both the initial run and the repressing.

Agree, by the way, on the hair metal opinion.

Also that album came out in 1984. The mid 80s were absolutely stacked with great music. Google album of any year from 1984-1986. Look at the lists, they’re mega. And that’s the choice not just of band or album, but genre...

Last edited:
Back