Definitive Audiophile pressings

The Grundman remasters of Wilco (the album) and before are all really, really excellent. Ghost Is Born is the best, IMO. It is nothing short of jaw droppingly stunning.
Agreed on the quality of Ghost is Born. A couple weeks back, based on recs on this board, I picked up a sealed copy for $22 from Audio Gazing, and they still have 2 copies at that price: Wilco - A Ghost Is Born (2LP)

As Kevin "Big Daddy" Gray's attorney and racketball partner and best friend forever I must insist that all stalking activities by one @MikeH be immediately ceased. Don't make me and "Big Rig" here take out a restraining order...
So uh...which court do you guys play at??

*orders racketball gear and watches youtube videos on how to play racketball*

Arizona Desert, third cave to the left. Bring sunscreen.

WAIT SORRY... restraining order... forgot... uh... ignore that info....
Pffft, Racquetball? What lawyer worth its weight in mystical magic plays Racquetball, my mythical lawyer H.S. Henderson Esq. has been playing Squash since his prep school days
97625A1B-7ABD-486A-BC9F-BDDF194E57FB.jpeg

Pffft, Racquetball? What lawyer worth its weight in mystical magic plays Racquetball, my mythical lawyer H.S. Henderson Esq. has been playing Squash since his prep school days
View attachment 89518
Pffft, that dullard. You know how many times he had to take the bar exam? 12... TWELVE... And he actually has opposable thumbs! Also it's so Harry to not only get PHOTOGRAPHED on his way to a mythical squash game... but also to bring a tennis racquet...

Not sure about the Rhino, but this is another one where an OG or early pressing is going to sound great if it's in good condition.
I have this pressing and it's pretty impressive.
Thanks for the advice. I walked to a local over the noon hour and found that exact pressing for $6! The outer and inner sleeves are a little rough with some water damage, but the vinyl itself looks VG+. Will clean and spin this evening.

EDIT: Cleaned it twice. Upon playing, it starts skipping immediately, so strongly it looks like my stylus is going to snap off. Flipped it over and it does the exact same thing on the other side. I wonder if that water damage did something to the vinyl. Oh well, back to the local tomorrow.

Last edited:
Grundman or Kevin Gray?

My Being There is definitely Grundman. BG signature etched in the deadwax and it's pressed at Pallas.

I also have WFH YHF and Summerteeth, those are clearly pressed at Pallas but there's no sig in the deadwax so I can't tell who did those.

EDIT: WTF?

Last edited:
Also, quick shout out for Spoon's "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" 10th year anniversary remaster.

Absolutely fantastic. That one is Bellman and pressed at Pallas. I can't imagine it's AAA or anything, but this reminds me of NIN's "With Teeth" reissue- a great pressing you can get on the cheap. If you're into that and you see it around, you really can't go wrong.

Also, quick shout out for Spoon's "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" 10th year anniversary remaster.

Absolutely fantastic. That one is Bellman and pressed at Pallas. I can't imagine it's AAA or anything, but this reminds me of NIN's "With Teeth" reissue- a great pressing you can get on the cheap. If you're into that and you see it around, you really can't go wrong.

And it’s super reasonably priced.

Back