Definitive Audiophile pressings

Yup, I had just graduated from High School and was going through whatever wave UK indie thing with Kid A/Amnesiac,Travis, Gomez, etc... and of course I listened to Parachutes a lot.
In Junior High I was listening to a lot of the first 2 Muse, the first Coldplay, Radiohead, Placebo. These bands actually brought me to listen to rock music. Muse totally lost me after Origin of Symmetry. Sadly I don’t listen to them or Coldplay at all anymore.
Edit: I meant Middle school, not Junior High.

Last edited:
Also talking of sagas MCRU managed to get the beach boys and oh mercy packed, dispatched and out to me within 5 days. Not 5 weeks of empty promises and then blaming me like a certain Mr Nangle. He did refund me pretty sharpish though thankfully!

I'm still waiting, I can't muster the energy to ping another follow up, where are my records email :(

I'm still waiting, I can't muster the energy to ping another follow up, where are my records email :(

Yeah the email I got last Friday was really poor and throwing the toys out of the pram by cancelling because I follow things up and expect him to post stuff 🙄. At least he followed through with the refund. Definitely looking elsewhere for such releases in the future though!

🚨🚨KG x Impex alert 🚨🚨

I like the "features" description:

Features:
180 Gram Vinyl
Limited To 2500 Numbered Copies!
Cut from the Original Analog Master Tapes by Kevin "Dr. Groove" Gray and Robert "Mr. Record" Pincus
Pressed at RTI
Gatefold Jacket

🚨🚨KG x Impex alert 🚨🚨

Features:
180 Gram Vinyl
Cut from the Original Analog Master Tapes by Kevin "Dr. Groove" Gray and Robert "Mr. Record" Pincus
Pressed at RTI
Gatefold Jacket

I love how big Kev turns you into Nathan!

🚨🚨KG x Impex alert 🚨🚨

Features:
180 Gram Vinyl
Pressed at RTI
Gatefold Jacket
Is this a repress of Earth, Wind & Fire – That's The Way Of The World (2013, Gatefold, 180g, Vinyl)? Looks like this record has seen releases from MoFi, Speakers Corner, and Impex. Quite the tri-fecta!

It’s only a matter of time. The stalking was step 1. The siren emojis step 2. That’s step 3 and step 4 I think involves eating chocolate in the bath whilst wearing a suit.
Given the Earth Wind and Fire reissue details, maybe a doctor and patient scenario is more appropriate for steps 3 and 4?

"Paging Dr. Groove..."

🚨🚨KG x Impex alert 🚨🚨

Features:
180 Gram Vinyl
Pressed at RTI
Gatefold Jacket
I own this -- the sounds is as good as you'd hope (though I've found that it is a record that is simply spin less because I've heard it so often over the years) and still has an amazing impact on a room when you put it on -- especially for people used to streaming/radio

Not sure actually. The discogs entry doesn't have much info on it. This seems to be a restock more than a reissue from what I can see.
I think it's a restock bc this listing has been on Acoustic Sounds for a long time. I just picked up and am returning the Speakers Corner version from AS. I'm returning it bc the outer sleeve was split at the top and the record is notably warped. I'll probably pick up the Impex. Earth Wind Fire-Thats The Way Of The World-180 Gram Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds

Noticed this list on Discogs... anyone care to comment? Many of these look legit.

Spinning the Ramones "Road To Ruin" 2011 Rhino reissue right now and it's really fantastic. Chris Bellman cut. Pressed at Rainbo, but I'd be damned if it would be any better from RTI.
Also wanna chime in, the digital remasters from the past few years of the first grip of Ramones records are absolutely stellar. Haven’t heard them on vinyl yet, gotta imagine it’s cut from digital, but I’ll bet they translate well.

Back