Definitive Audiophile pressings

Ya, I came across that one as well, honestly, I didn't want the red vinyl...............I know, blasphemy, lol
Some records just seem like they belong on black wax. Like for example the recent VMP pressing of Room On Fire which I am sure sounds great but black wax seems much more appropriate than the multi-colored circus colored wax they settled on. I think Red wax for Damned The Torpedoes is probably the best color you could go with (outside of black).

I've got this on its way from backorder dating to September...

Such a kickass session. Found an OG of this at my local for cheap, it in decent shape but could def use an upgrade.

It’s super good! You’ll enjoy it.

This is amazing. Truly like being in a smoky jazz club in the 60s.

👍🏻👍🏻

My first Alice Coltrane record. Superior Viaduct. It's up next on the TT.
View attachment 88528
Lord of Lords is a great record, and the Superior Viaduct sounds very good - but not as good as an original. Still very good. Lord of Lords was her last record for Impulse and pretty out there. World Galaxy is a must-have and that Superior Viaduct sounds good too. World Galaxy is a bit easier to get into.

Ok so I apologise for complaining about Royal Mail, looks like they just had a later delivery time than usual today :ROFLMAO:

Lush Life has arrived and looks to be a decent set. The record is in a slipcase with a piece of ribbon that allows you to slide the it out. Comes with a liner notes sheet (nothing over the top) with notes from Ashley Kahn. I can already see quite a bit of residue on the record so will need to give it a clean first but im so excited that im going to do that now and get it playing!

IMG_8427.JPG

Ok so I apologise for complaining about Royal Mail, looks like they just had a later delivery time than usual today :ROFLMAO:

Lush Life has arrived and looks to be a decent set. The record is in a slipcase with a piece of ribbon that allows you to slide the it out. Comes with a liner notes sheet (nothing over the top) with notes from Ashley Kahn. I can already see quite a bit of residue on the record so will need to give it a clean first but im so excited that im going to do that now and get it playing!

View attachment 88583
you'll get to give us one of the first reviews! i have only seen one on hoffman so far surprisingly. they complained about the album art looking bad

you'll get to give us one of the first reviews! i have only seen one on hoffman so far surprisingly. they complained about the album art looking bad
Makes a nice change getting a record before you US folk :ROFLMAO:

I don't have an OG to compare it to but I can't see anything wrong with it. Maybe the front isn't as sharp as the original? Not something I would necessarily pick up on as an issue without having another copy to hand.

IMG_8428.JPG

Makes a nice change getting a record before you US folk :ROFLMAO:

I don't have an OG to compare it to but I can't see anything wrong with it. Maybe the front isn't as sharp as the original? Not something I would necessarily pick up on as an issue without having another copy to hand.

View attachment 88586
Hoffman boards gotta Hoffman.

Hoffman boards gotta Hoffman.
Cover art is dire! Crappy scan with scan lines showing, no contrast and no black. Not gloss but satin.
No where near AP or MMJ quality but same card stock. After the raves over the Sinatra Craft very disappointed, they even ruined it further with their catalog number under ‘Prestige’.

that's part of the only review on hoffman so far. hah

Cover art is dire! Crappy scan with scan lines showing, no contrast and no black. Not gloss but satin.
No where near AP or MMJ quality but same card stock. After the raves over the Sinatra Craft very disappointed, they even ruined it further with their catalog number under ‘Prestige’.

that's part of the only review on hoffman so far.
Either im blind or just not seeing it.....

I cant see scan lines, the only thing is that when at an angle you can see the texture of the card stock I guess? But that's a rediculous level to complain at if that is whats being referred to.

Back