Definitive Audiophile pressings

Typically how long does it take Acoustic Sounds to restock back orders? I placed an order for Time Out & Counting Crows at the end of December. I also ordered a MoFi but I’m sure that’s in another category.
Restock with vinyl isn't like something coming back into stock at the grocery store. It is a matter of when it gets in the queue to be repressed.

Given the limited capacity of the best pressing plants, exacerbated by Covid shutdowns and now Covid shutting down the main cover printer, and the general priority to press new releases to keep the flow going, a backorder could take years or could never be repressed.

Anybody have the Zeppelin - Mothership box set? It’s back up for $60 on Amazon. I grabbed it because I haven’t been able to find cheap clean older pressings and am still unsure of what reissues might sound good (that I can afford). I think it’s pressed at RTI
If it is the one they re-did in 2015, it seems it should be very similar to the reissues that Jimmy Page "supervised" in 2014 as the hype sticker states "Using the new 2014/2015 96kHz/24 bit masters." Likely also mastered and cut by John Davis. Here are some reviews/comparisons that Fremer did, he certainly didn't pan them.

Regarding sources:

Edit:Obviously hard to be positive but it would be weird if it weren't comparable.

Restock with vinyl isn't like something coming back into stock at the grocery store. It is a matter of when it gets in the queue to be repressed.

Given the limited capacity of the best pressing plants, exacerbated by Covid shutdowns and now Covid shutting down the main cover printer, and the general priority to press new releases to keep the flow going, a backorder could take years or could never be repressed.

I think you do a disservice to grocery stores. Someone needs grow & harvest the food & probabaly ship it half way around the world

Given the history of Acoustic Sounds, they likely will be repressed but I wouldn't expect them anytime soon. They were both in stock as of Fall 20 IIRC, so any repress would be Q2 or Q3 this year at the earliest given the factors you mention unless they ordered the repress prior to them selling out.

I just have the original pressings but I have heard that the 2014 box set is really good, I believe its AAA as well.

Which pressings do you have the German MPS or the UK? Is it worth going for the original German pressing on some of these?

Just wanted to thank everyone on the Herbie suggestions, looks like our initial jump in is Head Hunters from AP, a copy of the BN80 Inventions & Dimensions that @Santi1392 was nice enough to PIF the other day and the BN80 Takin' Off. This should be a good start while we wait for the Maiden Voyage release..............Man Child is also on the back burner at the moment.

Looks like we'll be seeing each other in the Jazz thread...............my wallet is apprehensive about this.

Just wanted to thank everyone on the Herbie suggestions, looks like our initial jump in is Head Hunters from AP, a copy of the BN80 Inventions & Dimensions that @Santi1392 was nice enough to PIF the other day and the BN80 Takin' Off. This should be a good start while we wait for the Maiden Voyage release..............Man Child is also on the back burner at the moment.

Looks like we'll be seeing each other in the Jazz thread...............my wallet is apprehensive about this.
Both those BN80s are really well done, just be aware that when you play Succotash yes it's supposed to sound like that and no your left speaker isn't disintegrating.

Both those BN80s are really well done, just be aware that when you play Succotash yes it's supposed to sound like that and no your left speaker isn't disintegrating.
On the BN80's/Classics, how's Wayne Shorter's Speak No Evil pressing?

If it is the one they re-did in 2015, it seems it should be very similar to the reissues that Jimmy Page "supervised" in 2014 as the hype sticker states "Using the new 2014/2015 96kHz/24 bit masters." Likely also mastered and cut by John Davis. Here are some reviews/comparisons that Fremer did, he certainly didn't pan them.

Regarding sources:

Edit:Obviously hard to be positive but it would be weird if it weren't comparable.
I’m not sure they are the same...Mothership was done at Alchemy while the other full album reissues were done at Metropolis. The lacquers were also cut in different places and I don’t think that they would sound the same. But I’d have to do some more digging to see if their differences are listed. Supposedly the earlier version of Mothership has very different masters since the mix was extremely rushed to get out in time for a LZ reunion or something

I’m not sure they are the same...Mothership was done at Alchemy while the other full album reissues were done at Metropolis. The lacquers were also cut in different places and I don’t think that they would sound the same. But I’d have to do some more digging to see if their differences are listed. Supposedly the earlier version of Mothership has very different masters since the mix was extremely rushed to get out in time for a LZ reunion or something
Oh well, I'm not sure as it is hard to trust the credits on Discogs. Isn't John Davis at Alchemy? I'm sure he cut the earlier reissues, but maybe he didn't cut Mothership even though they credit him on Discogs. Perhaps that credit is just for the digital master, which must be the same as the 2014s but the Alchemy/Metropolis issue is confusing.

Shared on the Pre-order thread but you guys might like these as well.

Craft are releasing 4 Chet Baker reissues, cut from the original analogue master tapes by Kevin Grey at Coherent. VMP released exclusives of 2 of these a while ago, and these Craft pressings are due for release on 5th March.

Which pressings do you have the German MPS or the UK? Is it worth going for the original German pressing on some of these?
All the ones I have are German pressing apart from 'Vol. II Girl Talk', which is a UK pressing. I think im correct in thinking that the gatefold liner notes are split between German and an English translation, so either way you wont miss anything by going the German route.

I have managed to buy them all for no more than £1 at car boots and even now I imagine decent copies can be found of ebay and the like.

Shared on the Pre-order thread but you guys might like these as well.

Craft are releasing 4 Chet Baker reissues, cut from the original analogue master tapes by Kevin Grey at Coherent. VMP released exclusives of 2 of these a while ago, and these Craft pressings are due for release on 5th March.

I have It Could Happen to You and it's wonderful :)

All the ones I have are German pressing apart from 'Vol. II Girl Talk', which is a UK pressing. I think im correct in thinking that the gatefold liner notes are split between German and an English translation, so either way you wont miss anything by going the German route.

I have managed to buy them all for no more than £1 at car boots and even now I imagine decent copies can be found of ebay and the like.

£1 is excellent value.

Oh well, I'm not sure as it is hard to trust the credits on Discogs. Isn't John Davis at Alchemy? I'm sure he cut the earlier reissues, but maybe he didn't cut Mothership even though they credit him on Discogs and that credit is just for the digital master.
Looked into it more...apparently Davis did cut both but one was at Alchemy and one was at Metropolis? It’s all very confusing hah. The earlier version of Mothership was also cut from different sources and rushed so they went back and redid it. Still seems weird that they were done the same year by the same guy but cut at different places...

Back