Definitive Audiophile pressings

Hmmm, just noticed the listing on Craft is a Pre-Order. I wonder if it's a repress or something different.

This is the version I have -
I have that version too. It’s the RSD version which is mono and the version coming out soon is a stereo version from the box set

Hmmm, just noticed the listing on Craft is a Pre-Order. I wonder if it's a repress or something different.

This is the version I have -
How weird, the info seems like the exact same. The only thing I can think is that they just decided to release more after the initial 1500 RSD pressings?

Edit: @MikeH is right (not that I ever doubted you), I just found this in the press release "After the remarkable acclaim and demand for last year's deluxe vinyl box set of The Legendary Riverside Albums, we are thrilled to announce that four albums from that collection which chronicle Chet Baker's entire output during his years at Riverside Records are getting breakout LP releases of their own."

How weird, the info seems like the exact same. The only thing I can think is that they just decided to release more after the initial 1500 RSD pressings?

Edit: @MikeH is right (not that I ever doubted you), I just found this in the press release "After the remarkable acclaim and demand for last year's deluxe vinyl box set of The Legendary Riverside Albums, we are thrilled to announce that four albums from that collection which chronicle Chet Baker's entire output during his years at Riverside Records are getting breakout LP releases of their own."
Yea the box set is REAL nice. My guy KG cut it and they all sound awesome so I’m glad they are breaking out the single LPs from it. I bought the mono version @AnthonyI has and later got the box in a Target or Amazon sale and they all sound fantastic (but are stereo hence the difference). The box still has one extra LP that isn’t getting a solo reissue but I think the box is sold out and kinda hard to find now.

Yea the box set is REAL nice. My guy KG cut it and they all sound awesome so I’m glad they are breaking out the single LPs from it. I bought the mono version @AnthonyI has and later got the box in a Target or Amazon sale and they all sound fantastic (but are stereo hence the difference). The box still has one extra LP that isn’t getting a solo reissue but I think the box is sold out and kinda hard to find now.
I actually saw it on sale on rough trade over the Christmas period here in the UK. I was really close to getting it but bottled it in the end. There's some great sessions there but the main ones I would be interested in is Chet Baker In New York and It Could Happen To You, and I have ordered the VMP pressings of those so I figured I would see how they sound first.

I actually saw it on sale on rough trade over the Christmas period here in the UK. I was really close to getting it but bottled it in the end. There's some great sessions there but the main ones I would be interested in is Chet Baker In New York and It Could Happen To You, and I have ordered the VMP pressings of those so I figured I would see how they sound first.
Yea—the VMP ones should be the same exact pressings. So doesn’t make sense to double dip unless ya really want that one bonus LP.

Janos Starker and the London Symphony Orchestra - Dvorak: Violoncello Concerto (Opus 104) and Bruch: Kol Nidrei (Opus 47) (Analogue Productions, 45 RPM)

Listening to this album this morning as part of my No Buy 2021 challenge. (Kind of embarrassing I had 30+ records I had never listened to.) Thought I’d post it here as well, as it might be the best sounding record I own and y’all never talk about Classical, even though it’s the most audiophile of all the music genres.

Would love to know what other folks' favourite Classical albums are.

B78A8465-930E-4B2C-916E-4A12B47982E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Janos Starker and the London Symphony Orchestra - Dvorak: Violoncello Concerto (Opus 104) and Bruch: Kol Nidrei (Opus 47) (Analogue Productions, 45 RPM)

Listening to this album this morning as part of my No Buy 2021 challenge. (Kind of embarrassing I had 30+ records I had never listened to.) Thought I’d post it here as well, as it might be the best sounding record I own and y’all never talk about Classical, even though it’s the most audiophile of all the music genres.

Would love to know other folks favourite Classical albums are.

View attachment 86041
I've had my eye on this one, which I've heard/read good things about (Analogue Productions):
AAPC_1984__131535__04052018105852-9008.jpg

Anybody have the Zeppelin - Mothership box set? It’s back up for $60 on Amazon. I grabbed it because I haven’t been able to find cheap clean older pressings and am still unsure of what reissues might sound good (that I can afford). I think it’s pressed at RTI

I have the 2007 pressing. The box itself is super nice. But, I was pretty disappointed in the sound. Digital mastering on this one just wasn’t to my taste. Harsh.

I’ve read the newer one is much better.

I have the 2007 pressing. The box itself is super nice. But, I was pretty disappointed in the sound. Digital mastering on this one just wasn’t to my taste. Harsh.

I’ve read the newer one is much better.
Yea I read they rushed the mastering to get that one out to capitalize on the Zeppelin reunion shows. Glad the newer one is better supposedly. I took a gamble on it

Did anybody else here grab the SRV One Step from The Sound of Vinyl’s accideal? Mine just arrived today. Don’t know if I have ordered from them before or not but packaging was pretty minimal. Still managed to arrive safely though!

Did anybody else here grab the SRV One Step from The Sound of Vinyl’s accideal? Mine just arrived today. Don’t know if I have ordered from them before or not but packaging was pretty minimal. Still managed to arrive safely though!

Was it not supposed to be part of the sale?

Would love to know what other folks' favourite Classical albums are.

View attachment 86041

I have that record, I also picked up the Scheherezade AP from VMP. I really want the Starker Bach Cello suite AP box that everyone seems to be praising, but can't justify it. I picked up this Schiff version a few years back for about £5 and it sounds fantastic. It's recorded & pressed at the wrong time, I bet the Starker version is outstanding.

I have quite a few original classical pressings, I picked a lot up from charity shops and Ebay a few years back. I have loads that I haven't listened to & need cleaning. They were all mostly pretty cheap.

There are a few albums that have a few versions off. I keep on buying different version of Scheherezade, and really like this one:

But do get the AP for sound:

The Speakers Corner Pier Gynt is pretty good. I bought an earlier press on Discogs but never turned up, so ended up getting the reissue. I suspect you might be able to get a cheap ZAL pressing of this that sounds great. The UK Decca's that I have generally sound great

I think this is the one I ordered that didn't arrive. They re-issued a lot of the older classic Decca's on the Ace of Diamonds imprint, they can be picked up pretty cheaply, some sound great but probably not as good as the original (SAL) Decca's

A not so famous one that I picked up & really liked was this one on Erato

I do have loads of others that I really like, I need to sort through & organise them all.

Back