Definitive Audiophile pressings

No Nathan, there was a totally different cover in the UK for thst album, the AP has the US cover. Take a look at the cover of my Abbey Road Half Speed Master in the Whats SpinNing Thread, i was spinning it earlier!

Damnit! I’ll have to try and get hold of that then...
Ahhhh I totally get you now! Yeah, strange isn’t it! Those two album covers are so different from each other! 👀

No Nathan, there was a totally different cover in the UK for thst album, the AP has the US cover. Take a look at the cover of my Abbey Road Half Speed Master in the Whats SpinNing Thread, i was spinning it earlier!

Damnit! I’ll have to try and get hold of that then...
You’ll be filled with joy spinning it Joe! It’s priceless really and I only purchased that album because of Wild World but fell in love with the album in general. I didn’t even know the song “Father and Son” was by Cat Stevens and I got a bit emotional listening to that too!

You’ll be filled with joy spinning it Joe! It’s priceless really and I only purchased that album because of Wild World but fell in love with the album in general. I didn’t even know the song “Father and Son” was by Cat Stevens and I got a bit emotional listening to that too!

Im going to give away my vintage herel The first I heard it was when Boyzone got to number one with their cover of it 😂

That was shit, my dad was a Cat Stevens fan and I remember him making a point of having us listen to the “real version” after top of the tops ended 😂

Im going to give away my vintage herel The first I heard it was when Boyzone got to number one with their cover of it 😂

That was shit, my dad was a Cat Stevens fan and I remember him making a point of having us listen to the “real version” after top of the tops ended 😂
My parents both love Maxi Priest’s cover version of Wild World! That’s one of their favourite songs! Mauritians in general love that song so much! It’s a song you play and they will all dance to it! 😂

My parents both love Maxi Priest’s cover version of Wild World! That’s one of their favourite songs! Mauritians in general love that song so much! It’s a song you play and they will all dance to it! 😂

Your family is from Mauritius? No way! One of my best friends in school was from a Mauritian family! I haven’t seen him in so long! How random!

Your family is from Mauritius? No way! On of my best friends in school was from a Mauritian family! I haven’t seen him in so long! How random!
Oh really! That’s so random especially as there wouldn’t be much Mauritians living in Ireland!!! 😲

Yeah, that’s my background! Both my parents were born and raised in Mauritius! I’ve been there like 3-4 times and around 4 years ago, me and my brother did a trip just us two in Mauritius for a month and went to Madagascar, Seychelles and Reunion after! 😊

I can speak Kreol pretty fluently too but it’s so different to French. Both languages are so different from each other!

Oh really! That’s so random especially as there wouldn’t be much Mauritians living in Ireland!!! 😲

Yeah, that’s my background! Both my parents were born and raised in Mauritius! I’ve been there like 3-4 times and around 4 years ago, me and my brother did a trip just us two in Mauritius for a month and went to Madagascar, Seychelles and Reunion after! 😊

I can speak Kreol pretty fluently too but it’s so different to French. Both languages are so different from each other!

I was born and grew up in England. His parents were Doctors there. Thats funny you say that becuase Arvin was freakish at French in school, straight A* the whole way because the family spoke mostly Kreol at home 😂

Last I spoke to him was in uni, he did French and business and spent a year or two of his degree in France.

Last edited:
I was born and grew up I’m England. His parents were Doctors there. Thats funny you say that becuase Arvin was freakish at French in school, straight A* the whole way because the family spoke mostly Kreol at home 😂
Yeah Mauritians can speak French of course because they speak French in school and in professional settings usually! But I wasn’t that great at French at school! 😂

Yeah Mauritians can speak French of course because they speak French in school and in professional settings usually! But I wasn’t that great at French at school! 😂

Me neither but that was entirely down to laziness and that kind of arrogance of English speaking countries that “everyone speaks English”! I kinda regret it now tbh!

Me neither but that was entirely down to laziness and that kind of arrogance of English speaking countries that “everyone speaks English”! I kinda regret it now tbh!

I took French over Spanish cause of some pretty girls telling me they were taking French. I wish someone had said, "Spanish is so much more valuable for you as a person living in the US."

I took French over Spanish cause of some pretty girls telling me they were taking French. I wish someone had said, "Spanish is so much more valuable for you as a person living in the US."
Download the Duolingo app and learn Spanish! It’s so good for when you travel to Central and South America too!!!

The Bellman cut of Dusty in Memphis I have is also pretty great if it's still around

Dusty Springfield - Dusty In Memphis

Url: Dusty Springfield - Dusty In Memphis

Shared from the Discogs App

That's the one I have. It's quite excellent. I have no desire to upgrade this although I absolutely love this album.... the AP is so tempting but this Rhino pressing is no slouch.

Back