Definitive Audiophile pressings

Back onto the thread, has anyone gotten their Supervinyl Bob Dylan ‘Desire’ pressing? If so, does it sound better than the 2LP 45RPM Mono Bob Dylan MoFi pressings!? 🤔
The '14 MOFI is mono? It's been a while since I've listened to it but I didn't think it was mono; I may very well be mistaken.

Really if it sounds better it should only be in the quality of the vinyl it's pressed into, I think. Otherwise they're both Gain 2, 45 RPM.

The standard is brilliant to be honest. So good I didn't even feel tempted to consider the upgrade.

Im trying to think whether there are any Dylan big hitters I'd jump on. I love the mono box and don't see the need to upgrade but I'd probably dive on Time Out of Mind and would be all over Nashville Skyline.

The represses I'd love though are Bootleg Series 4 and 10. Kicking myself for not getting 10

I wouldn't have gone for it if I had the standard MoFi, but to pick up the standard at the time was over £100, so it sort of made sense. I really did get hit with charges on that one. It's the first time I really thought thatI should have got 2 copies & sold one to minimise the impact to my wallet.

The '14 MOFI is mono? It's been a while since I've listened to it but I didn't think it was mono; I may very well be mistaken.

Really if it sounds better it should only be in the quality of the vinyl it's pressed into, I think. Otherwise they're both Gain 2, 45 RPM.

No it’s stereo, that album never had a mono edition being mid 70s. I think Nathan is being Nathan and not asking you to compare a new version of A with the old version of A but the new version of A with a different cut of the old version of Z.

No it’s stereo, that album never had a mono edition being mid 70s. I think Nathan is being Nathan and not asking you to compare a new version of A with the old version of A but the new version of A with a different cut of the old version of Z.
I didn't think it did, but I didn't feel like double-checking on Discogs or otherwise.

Ive looked at the mono MOFI's over and over but at the end of the day the Sony box is so good it just seems like chucking money away. I'm sure they're good but must be in the world of diminishing returns

Ive looked at the mono MOFI's over and over but at the end of the day the Sony box is so good it just seems like chucking money away. I'm sure they're good but must be in the world of diminishing returns

Given that they’re out of print and will cost a bomb, and mofi never did a mono of blonde on blonde, you’re probably right.

Ihad them all in mono over different edition before the box became a thing on here (debut/Times/Another Side Sundazed; Freewheelin’/Blonde/JWH 2010 MOV; and Bringing/Highway MoFi Mono) and although the two mono MOV are actually the best and really quite superb the others are more than good enough in and of themselves to kinda make replacing them seem a waste of money at the time. I don’t really regret that call now either.

I couldn't get hold of the mono box easily. When it tried Deep discount or Amazon.com wouldn't ship to the UK because of weight. I picked up the MoFi Freewheelin in mon, which is brilliant & John Wesley harding. I'm hoping They do Highway 61 on super vinyl, or that I can get the mono box for a decent price at some point

Given that they’re out of print and will cost a bomb, and mofi never did a mono of blonde on blonde, you’re probably right.

Ihad them all in mono over different edition before the box became a thing on here (debut/Times/Another Side Sundazed; Freewheelin’/Blonde/JWH 2010 MOV; and Bringing/Highway MoFi Mono) and although the two mono MOV are actually the best and really quite superb the others are more than good enough in and of themselves to kinda make replacing them seem a waste of money at the time. I don’t really regret that call now either.

I have a couple of the MOV's but not any RTI presses

I've the Mofi stereo Bringing/ blonde and JWH. I can't remember last time I pulled the Mofi JWH over the box but Blonde on Blonde is great and it's nice to have a good quality stereo alternative for Bringing and I alternate happily. I'd actually consider the Mofi Highway 61 in stereo for the same reason if one ever cropped up at a throwaway price

I've the Mofi stereo Bringing/ blonde and JWH. I can't remember last time I pulled the Mofi JWH over the box but Blonde on Blonde is great and it's nice to have a good quality stereo alternative for Bringing and I alternate happily. I'd actually consider the Mofi Highway 61 in stereo for the same reason if one ever cropped up at a throwaway price

Ive started falling down a mofi stereo hole with The Beatles, my poor wallet couldn’t take adding Bob to that equation as well

😂😂😂

Also no wonder these Bob’s sound better than the usual MOV Sundazed fare

MOV = STERLING RKS in the grooves
Sundazed = @MikeH‘s fella KG @ CA in the grooves and “from original analogue tapes” on sticker.

Forgot that I also have the mono of Bringing. I don't think it's supposed to be as good as the stereo. Apparently both the mono & Stereo off Highway 61 sound amazing. I would take either

edit - I have had Blonde on backorder from music direct for many months - I'm sure I'll get it at some point. Just hope I have funds whenever it is repressed.

Last edited:
Forgot that I also have the mono of Bringing. I don't think it's supposed to be as good as the stereo. Apparently both the mono & Stereo off Highway 61 sound amazing. I would take either

edit - I have had Blonde on backorder from music direct for many months - I'm sure I'll get it at some point. Just hope I have funds whenever it is repressed.
I keep looking for highway but never see it under £100 these days. Perils of buying a needy victorian house tends to make that sort of thing out of reach for me.. Especially given the £3000+ quote I've just had to replace some doors!

I keep looking for highway but never see it under £100 these days. Perils of buying a needy victorian house tends to make that sort of thing out of reach for me.. Especially given the £3000+ quote I've just had to replace some doors!

I feel you. But I would also get another quote :) £3k is a lot for some doors.

I've not seen it a reasonable price either. I'm hoping they get re-issued on Supervinyl at some point.

OMG, what suburb are you moving into!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 👀

I feel you. But I would also get another quote :) £3k is a lot for some doors.

I've not seen it a reasonable price either. I'm hoping they get re-issued on Supervinyl at some point.
Haha. Bespoke Timber external doors, vestibule doors with etched glass. Not cheap!

Same, I have BOB on backorder and hope they do H61 on supervinyl since they seem out of print.

MoFi has their niche, pretty much anything pre 1984. Why change what people will buy over and over and over

It pretty pathetic though all the same, I mean it’s not like there isn’t a potential market for audiophile versions of newer rock/pop/singer-songwriter stuff or other newer genres or even just new music that isn’t jazz.

I kinda get Bob, there’s huge inter generational appeal and he’s still in the public eye and at it. Some of their picks of late though weren’t even adored when they came out and haven’t necessarily grown to become cult since either.

Last edited:
Back