Definitive Audiophile pressings

All this Marley talk figured I'd share this!

20230207_171303.jpg

Did some digging online after getting the Rastaman UHQR to see which pressings are best for the rest of the catalog. Seemed to be mostly arguments between German Box or UK, Japanese, or German first pressings. Well this was the cheapest of all of them. Vinyl is just as quite as the UHQR (no joke) and sounds incredible! Kaya is an amazing album btw.

Anyway, highly recommend original Japanese Marley. This is my first vintage Japanese pressing (other than some Beatles MoFis) and I'm super impressed by it in every aspect.

All this Marley talk figured I'd share this!

View attachment 166428

Did some digging online after getting the Rastaman UHQR to see which pressings are best for the rest of the catalog. Seemed to be mostly arguments between German Box or UK, Japanese, or German first pressings. Well this was the cheapest of all of them. Vinyl is just as quite as the UHQR (no joke) and sounds incredible! Kaya is an amazing album btw.

Anyway, highly recommend original Japanese Marley. This is my first vintage Japanese pressing (other than some Beatles MoFis) and I'm super impressed by it in every aspect.
This is a prime example, imo, why obis are not simply a throw-away item.

Yea this one is rad. Was thinking that myself. I‘m not usually one to want to pay extra for a record just to get the Obi but checked discogs just to see how much this pressing is and found myself skipping over the listings that said no obi 😂

Craft has a new AAA press of Born Under A Bad Sign up for order.

Yea this one is rad. Was thinking that myself. I‘m not usually one to want to pay extra for a record just to get the Obi but checked discogs just to see how much this pressing is and found myself skipping over the listings that said no obi 😂

Lol thanks! I figured, i'm getting my first Japanese Record.. Sexy Obi... Lots of praise online.. No Brainer! For how it sounds, the package, the obi. These are well worth their price (y)

everyone's got the right to be wrong about stuff, including, about this thing, both Mather and Steve Albini.

I love some of the records Albini's produced but sometimes he does have questionable taste.
329379158_596102002334001_6492893252941913554_n.jpg

i feel this is fair

although as a dad i kind of think mars volta is the mars volta for dads

329379158_596102002334001_6492893252941913554_n.jpg

i feel this is fair

although as a dad i kind of think mars volta is the mars volta for dads
Hahaha! Seriously
Craft has a new AAA press of Born Under A Bad Sign up for order.

a prime contender for a remix. I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t happened. The album is just terribly mixed with vocals buried, drums panned way right and too loud. Does anyone have the original mono singles? Mono is definitely the way to go but even that isn’t great (I have the RSD edition from a few years back that was better than an early mono pressing). Essential album nonetheless.

a prime contender for a remix. I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t happened. The album is just terribly mixed with vocals buried, drums panned way right and too loud. Does anyone have the original mono singles? Mono is definitely the way to go but even that isn’t great (I have the RSD edition from a few years back that was better than an early mono pressing). Essential album nonetheless.
Can't happen. Most Atlantic multi-tracks from this era are gone, the infamous Atlantic storage unit fire.

Born Under A Bad Sign has been done.

Live Wire - Blues Power is the masterpiece that needs a solid reissue. A truly seminal album.

First spin of the Kirsten Edkins was magnificent, really blew me away. What a gorgeous album, and the recording really is top of the top.

Can’t wait for more!!
Got mine in today along with the Intervention pressing of Gene Clark’s White Light. Haven’t had a chance to spin Edkins yet. The Clark is really fantastic though!

Back