December 2020 Challenge Thread: Let's Go Out With A Bang (The return of the raffle!)

I couldn't finish the challenge last month and I'm starting a day late.
These challenge threads are my favorite, I love seeing the picks and, to my significant other's chagrin, always end up adding something to my collection.

I really don't know what place this one would take on my top albums list but, it's such a fun, exhilarating listen.

Day 1: N&G Top 500 Albums of All Time Submission Due Date

0EA2257D-8A64-4EDA-A564-611DAD6972E8.jpeg

Edit: Talking Heads and Pavement are way up the top of my list but, they have already been played (@Turbo @TenderLovingKiller®)

Day 2: Finally!
Play something that was in your wantlist for a long time

Elvis Costello - This Year's Model

I spent about 20 years buying CDs and digital before getting into vinyl a couple of years ago, so I have a LOT of albums that I love that have been sitting on my wantlist for one reason or another. This one arrived this week, so I'm gonna give it its first spin now.

20201202_152641.jpg

Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings - Give the People What They Want

4CE1C02B-C248-4429-9A65-D61BBD2815DC.jpeg

I’ve been meaning to dive deeper into SJ&DK’s catalogue pre-Holiday Soul Party yet I just haven’t for whatever reason. Thankfully, my secret Santa helped me rectify 1 of those 5 wrongs this year and I’ll be sure to move onto the other 4 in 2021! Thank you again, Santa!

Day 2 - Finally!

Easily been hoping for a reissue (or finding an OG) for a decade. Really, any PJ released this year would work, but this is my favorite. It also sounds amazing - faithfully mastered for vinyl by Albini’s old buddy Bob Weston. Worth the wait, I think!

944D533A-076B-46C8-814E-3EF1CED3EA2C.jpeg

Play something that was in your wantlist for a long time

Elvis Costello - This Year's Model

I spent about 20 years buying CDs and digital before getting into vinyl a couple of years ago, so I have a LOT of albums that I love that have been sitting on my wantlist for one reason or another. This one arrived this week, so I'm gonna give it its first spin now.

View attachment 78515

This.
I love this record so why on Earth I don't have it yet?

Back