Darlington Labs MM-6 USA Tour

First impressions are it's quiet and it sounds lush. I've left it on since I plugged it in since it supposedly is better when left on. I don't really hear much of a difference from my Musical Fidelity LX LPS (Retail $500, but I got it for $199). I tried to throw a bunch of different stuff at it today, some old, crappy (but cleaned ofc) pressings, some old good pressings, new "audiophile" pressings. The new well-done presses sound full and lush, but I am pretty sure they sound great with the LX-LPS too. It may be a bit "warmer" sounding than the LX-LPS and I think the bass has a bit more oomph. Overall, a great pre-amp for sure. I don't think I'd switch to this from what I have, but I'm curious about the MP-7. I'd be interested to hear from people that have been able to compare the MM-6 and MP-7.

I'll hit 72 hours tomorrow and plan on playing as much music as I can during work tomorrow.

Last edited:
@HiFi Guy - not noticing a big difference when I flip the mono toggle in the back on my mono presses. Still sounds good but the mono button on my receiver seems to have more effect. Make sense?

Otherwise this is pretty sweet. @trickyseven you're up next - send me your info.
There shouldn’t be any difference between one mono button and another. Interesting.

You aren’t keeping it for the week?

Back