Criterion Club

Just got this through a Target sale, but haven't had a chance to really check it out

I fucking love this movie. Watched Blow Up after and it didn’t do much for me because I couldn’t not compare it to Blow Out. Also got me into a deep De Palma hole, was a weird couple of weeks lol
I always get them confused, to this day, and I own them both. FWIW, I saw the Travolta one first, thik it’s pretty good, but nowhere near the brilliance of the British one.

I always get them confused, to this day, and I own them both. FWIW, I saw the Travolta one first, thik it’s pretty good, but nowhere near the brilliance of the British one.

*Puts on monocle* Well, I, personally, prefer the original story, "Las babas del diablo" by the great Argentine author, Julio Cortázar.

I fucking love this movie. Watched Blow Up after and it didn’t do much for me because I couldn’t not compare it to Blow Out. Also got me into a deep De Palma hole, was a weird couple of weeks lol
De Palma holes are the best. I stumbled upon Sisters recently and was pleasantly surprised how fresh it felt. Haven’t seen anything from him post Snake Eyes tho. Reviews would lead me to believe I don’t need to either (though I’d love to be wrong)

De Palma holes are the best. I stumbled upon Sisters recently and was pleasantly surprised how fresh it felt. Haven’t seen anything from him post Snake Eyes tho. Reviews would lead me to believe I don’t need to either (though I’d love to be wrong)
You’re not lol. Black Dhalia is so bad, haven’t been able to finish the rest. But the RELAX scene in Body Double is one of the great piece of cinema

Just got this through a Target sale, but haven't had a chance to really check it out

This series is an absolute blast. It’s a classic late night watch for me—all are 80-90 minutes

You’re not lol. Black Dhalia is so bad, haven’t been able to finish the rest. But the RELAX scene in Body Double is one of the great piece of cinema
Have either of you seen The Fury? One of my favorite DePalma films.

On the criterion main page there’s a banner displaying shots from movies in their collection. Namely a shot with a sparkler in the foreground with the camera as it swings around a room of people (partiers?); does anyone know what movie that shot’s from?

On the criterion main page there’s a banner displaying shots from movies in their collection. Namely a shot with a sparkler in the foreground with the camera as it swings around a room of people (partiers?); does anyone know what movie that shot’s from?
Link? I'm not seeing what you're seeing on the main criterion.com page

Whoops, I didn't come back to this; it wasn't Tree of Life, but good guess. The shot's a lot more chaotic, with the people in the room acknowledging the camera as it swoops in and out at them. I'll try putting a post about this on the tipofmytongue subreddit and let y'all know if I ever solve this mystery.

Back