Criterion Club

HELL YEAH definitely picking up Miller's Crossing at some point

37-look-into-your-heart.png

Look into your heart wallet

Omg a definite purchase for me!

Did you crack this? How have you liked it so far?

Also, do the 4K's come with any additional material over the Blu-rays? Or is it just the presentation?
Watched the first two. There is some extremely good wire action in them, but the story took a while to get into. Knowing Chinese and Hong Kong history around 1900 is kind of necessary. As is knowing about the main character and his place in Chinese lore. I would watch some of the overview special features on the first disc before starting the first one. We didn't and it took a bit to get into (the first one is also a bit long). But it's good action and you really learn a lot culturally about the region.

Pretty sure this is only available on Blu-Ray.

Watched the first two. There is some extremely good wire action in them, but the story took a while to get into. Knowing Chinese and Hong Kong history around 1900 is kind of necessary. As is knowing about the main character and his place in Chinese lore. I would watch some of the overview special features on the first disc before starting the first one. We didn't and it took a bit to get into (the first one is also a bit long). But it's good action and you really learn a lot culturally about the region.

Pretty sure this is only available on Blu-Ray.
Sounds right up my alley! Thank you for the breakdown.

Sorry I didn't mean to connect the two questions. I was just asking openly, do any of the criterion 4K's have extra content?

Sounds right up my alley! Thank you for the breakdown.

Sorry I didn't mean to connect the two questions. I was just asking openly, do any of the criterion 4K's have extra content?
Ohhhhh yeah they should be the same. Maybe just more discs.

The only 4K I have is Citizen Kane (which comes with a blu ray). My guess is that many items will be cross buy for a while (like how they did with DVDs/BRs at the start).

The last Flash Sale was how I got my Bergman Cinema Box. Anyone on the fence, rest assured, it is well worth the money
Went in on:

Bergman cinema
Once upon a time in China
police story
world of wong kar wai
War & peace

Super stoked.

I'm pretty jealous of y'all 4Kers out there though. Maybe in another 5 years or so.

Back