Criterion Club

Awesome, man! I appreciate the info. Lots of titles I want, but every dollar helps
There's also this as an extra incentive to order from Criterion:

We appreciate the loyalty of our customers. Every dollar you spend at Criterion.com earns you a point. For every 500 points you earn, we will send you a $50 gift certificate!

I am currently 62 points away from getting my fifth gift certificate lol

There's also this as an extra incentive to order from Criterion:

We appreciate the loyalty of our customers. Every dollar you spend at Criterion.com earns you a point. For every 500 points you earn, we will send you a $50 gift certificate!

I am currently 62 points away from getting my fifth gift certificate lol
Awesome! Will definitely pick up on the website. I actually got a few in the target sale this morning

Does anyone know if preorders are available in the Criterion sale? Memories of Murder is number 1 on my list but I know it won't be released until later April.

Just watched Dead Man for the first time in years. Man, it’s such a good film. Love the subversive take on Westerns with that Neil young score. Slept on this movie for too long but definitely one I’ll come back to

Now do Ghost Dog
Already did. Saw Ghost Dog on Monday, then we lost power until Thursday. Once we got power back, I poured a tall glass of bourbon and rewatched Dead Man. Ghost Dog was great. I love samurai movies and crime movies and it did not disappoint. Jarmusch is definitely very skilled at creating moods. I’ve seen some of his other work (Paterson, permanent vacation, only lovers left alive) but I will check out more of his stuff

Ghost Dog makes a great double feature with Le Samurai.

Still haven't seen Dead Man or Paterson yet :(
Did the double feature as well. It rules!

I really enjoyed Paterson. It was incredibly charming and Driver is fantastic as the titular character. I am a big fan of westerns and I think Dead Man is a great, subversive take on the whole genre. The Neil Young score is riveting and the whole cast is great. Would definitely recommend

I have a discount code and the flash sale's happening...kinda considering just grabbing something blind sight unseen. Le Samourai has been a longtime blindspot; Diabolique is probably the other frontrunner.

As for movies I've already seen, I'm considering All That Jazz or Barry Lyndon (Barry's always on the backburner for me during these sales).

I just haven't been much of a physical media hound for the last decade. I have like ten blu-rays, so it feels like a big choice as to which will increase the population by 10%.

I just picked up the Bergman Cinema Box set, with the 50% Flash Sale and using a code for belonging to the Criterion Channel app, it was $140! I've been eyeing this set for quite some time, but couldn't justify $300. Super stoked!

Does anyone know if you can add CC movies you own that you didn't buy from the website to your "my collection" page on the CC website? Be nice to have a database of what I own

Back