Criterion Club

I’m waiting to see if @MattS wants it (he hasn’t seen it, was going to watch it on Criterion Channel first), but if he doesn’t, I’ll pm you.
Might be a while before I get to see it so please feel free to sell it if someone is interested. I appreciate you wishing though, friend

FYI tons of stuff just went OOP due to right issues.

Nashville, Days of Heaven, Harold and Maude, La Dolce Vita, Don't Look Now, Rosemary's Baby.

Scramble to Barnes and Noble if you REALLY wanted any of those.

Nashville, Days of Heaven, Harold and Maude, La Dolce Vita, Don't Look Now, Rosemary's Baby.

This is the cover of the paramount blu ray that is replacing the criterion version. Depressing.

up0vsydz91l61.jpg

are there more Criterion titles? Of the ones you mentioned, I've got the ones I want already, but curious to see if there are others...

are there more Criterion titles? Of the ones you mentioned, I've got the ones I want already, but curious to see if there are others...

I think I listed everything. The only one I don't have and want is Don't Look Now, which already you can only find the DVD.

I think I listed everything. The only one I don't have and want is Don't Look Now, which already you can only find the DVD.
The only one I might want is La Dolce Vita. I've never seen a Fellini film, so I am curious about exploring his work, but that's also on the Criterion Channel, so I think I'm alright. I found Days of Heaven to be beautiful but quite boring, which could be said about any Malik film, though I do LOVE Badlands, and I never really connected with Harold & Maude. I've got the others.

L
The only one I might want is La Dolce Vita. I've never seen a Fellini film, so I am curious about exploring his work, but that's also on the Criterion Channel, so I think I'm alright. I found Days of Heaven to be beautiful but quite boring, which could be said about any Malik film, though I do LOVE Badlands, and I never really connected with Harold & Maude. I've got the others.
LDV is a great starting point for Fellini (although I like 8 1/2 more). You should check it out

Wow, this came right out of nowhere hey?

Thankfully I have all of these ones. Feels like a pretty abrupt pulling of those rights by Paramount.

Wow, this came right out of nowhere hey?

Thankfully I have all of these ones. Feels like a pretty abrupt pulling of those rights by Paramount.
Yeah no one knew. My conspiracy brain is that it aligns with Paramount Plus rebranding and they want the rights to put it on streaming.

Yeah no one knew. My conspiracy brain is that it aligns with Paramount Plus rebranding and they want the rights to put it on streaming.
Hoping it’s awhile before they pull Parralex View Since that’s a new release

Watched Smiles of a Summer Night, the first disc of Bergman’s Cinema box, last night. What a wonderful film! Who knew he had comedy in him?

This is the cover of the paramount blu ray that is replacing the criterion version. Depressing.

View attachment 90595
no-thank-you.gif

Watched Vagabond the other day (got the smaller Varda set for a great price online) and it's basically Nomadland but good.

If any of y'all pick up the Wong Kar Wai set, pls give your thoughts on the changes that have been made to the visuals. I want to pick it up, but all the cropping and tinting Wong went back and did makes me wary.

If any of y'all pick up the Wong Kar Wai set, pls give your thoughts on the changes that have been made to the visuals. I want to pick it up, but all the cropping and tinting Wong went back and did makes me wary.
I should be getting it this week, but I'm not gonna sit down and scrutinize side by sides. Just go to DVD Beaver for that.

For me it's not really an decision as good versions of basically every movie aside from In the Mood for Love aren't available. So if your options are "it's slightly green sometimes and the aspect ratio is different than before" or not seeing them at all, the choice is clear. And it's not like there will be different versions available any time soon.

If it's about money they will likely be on the Channel at some point (like how the whole Varda set is up there) so then just wait.

Back