Criterion Club

I bought a criterion for the first time in forever the other day. The kitchen calendar this year is old movie posters. My wife and I decided we would watch all of them.

The first one is a French version of the poster for Gilda. It’s not streaming on any of my services currently and The criterion blu-Ray was on sale and so here we are.

I'm guessin you scooped that Bergman boxset?

Edit: just saw your old post! Anybody who's not plannin on pickin up the set sometime should hop on these!
Yeah, these are basically doubles as i have the Criterion box-sets for Bergman, Fellini and Tati as well as a box-set of Fassbinder from Arrow Video. I just decided to clean up a little as i've almost filled up the Billy bookcase with Criterions and the unwatched pile still have quite a few releases 😬

The Seventh Seal i'm waiting on the replacement disc from Criterion and i might add the original Pierror Le Fou (also awaiting replacement disc) as they have apparently gifted me their re-release of the film along with the replacement discs (22 in total haha).

Standard: $16

Priority: $22 (with track)

Same price wether it's 1 or all 8.

Also have a few doubles and unwanted regular blu-ray titles stored in the basement 😄

View attachment 85875
hoo boy.

I own 8 1/2 and The Seventh Seal, but would gladly take the others. And that copy of The Tree of Life I see in there.

edit: and In the Heat of the Night!

Got my first Criterion yesterday. 2 dollars at the local goodwill. Looking forward to collecting more as the sales pop up. Watched Barry Lyndon last night and now I have to pick that up from Amazon (it’s 20 bucks there) and that means I need to get Dr. Strangelove, but of course I need blue velvet and Do the Right Thing, and I can’t forget about some Kurosawa..

Attachments

• 4C174F4A-33E7-4D40-B5BE-35AE7DE89A05.jpeg
    4C174F4A-33E7-4D40-B5BE-35AE7DE89A05.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 4
Got my first Criterion yesterday. 2 dollars at the local goodwill. Looking forward to collecting more as the sales pop up. Watched Barry Lyndon last night and now I have to pick that up from Amazon (it’s 20 bucks there) and that means I need to get Dr. Strangelove, but of course I need blue velvet and Do the Right Thing, and I can’t forget about some Kurosawa..
Criterion has a 50% off flash sale on a Tuesday either in late Feb or early March as well as Sep or Oct every year and Barnes & Noble has a 50% sale every July and November. The only problem with those sales is self control 😬

Criterion has a 50% off flash sale on a Tuesday either in late Feb or early March as well as Sep or Oct every year and Barnes & Noble has a 50% sale every July and November. The only problem with those sales is self control 😬
Haha. My list of wants has gotten out of control. I knew about the Barnes and Noble sale, but didn’t know about the criterion one coming up. Do you know if that Is 50% off of the SRP or 50% off of the current price

Haha. My list of wants has gotten out of control. I knew about the Barnes and Noble sale, but didn’t know about the criterion one coming up. Do you know if that Is 50% off of the SRP or 50% off of the current price
50% off SRP so most titles are $19.99. They also have free shipping on orders over $50. They usually tie the sale to the release of a popular/big title and the only they have in Feb/Mar is World Of Wong Kar Wai on 23 March.

50% off SRP so most titles are $19.99. They also have free shipping on orders over $50. They usually tie the sale to the release of a popular/big title and the only they have in Feb/Mar is World Of Wong Kar Wai on 23 March.
Awesome, man! I appreciate the info. Lots of titles I want, but every dollar helps

Back