Criterion Club

How long does CC keep selections live for? Is it like a monthly thing? The weekly release schedules, emails and site don't make any of that clear. (I'm not subbed, but I want to use the trial period for checking those Tarkovsky movies off my watch list finally.)

It varies from film to film. They have a playlist on their site that compiles all the films that will be leaving at the end of the month, which is really handy.

The Tarkovsky's are not there right now, so you would have until the end of April at the earliest for them.

I don't think that's known, as some selections are still on there from when the service started. Pretty sure the only way to know what's leaving is through the Leaving [month here] 3xth category on their browser.
It varies from film to film. They have a playlist on their site that compiles all the films that will be leaving at the end of the month, which is really handy.

The Tarkovsky's are not there right now, so you would have until the end of April at the earliest for them.
Thank you both! You're saving me the stress of doubling up trials on top of another promo I'm squeezing some worth out of. Only so many hours in the day.

Watched Before Sunrise last weekend via renting through Amazon. The wife and I were absolutely blown away, and I haven't really been into other Linklater I've seen. That trilogy is going to be top of the list during the next sale.
Have you seen Sunset or Midnight yet? Before Sunset is one of my favorite movies ever.

Finally cracked open the Nashville blu-ray I'd bought in the last sale. Gorgeous transfer, great film. It's so dense that the first time I saw it about ten years ago, I was completely baffled as to who the characters were or what was happening from scene to scene.

I was willing to bite the bullet on the bergman boxset this time around, but it hasn't once been available online at B&N, so I grabbed The Heiress and Portrait of a Lady on Fire this time around.

Back