Criterion Club

Really wish navigation on the Channel was better; I have so much trouble picking what to watch because all they have is a homepage with recent picks (with not much info on what kind of movie I'm in for), then you're in the soup with the entire ocean of options. It's overwhelming.

Got dangerously close to pulling the trigger on that Ingmar Bergman boxset, but grabbed Roma, Barry Lyndon, and All About My Mother (for a gift) instead. One day it will be mine.

Got dangerously close to pulling the trigger on that Ingmar Bergman boxset.

I hate to say it, as it will increases your thirst, but it's an amazing set for the $150. The packaging and design are top notch and it has all his top tier films (most of what's missing are curiosities). Svenska Filminstitutet did a great job with all the transfers, upscaled to 4K they rival some native 4K discs.

Now to see if I really need anything this sale....

I watched Weekend for the first time a few days ago. I haven’t watched a Godard in years, and honestly I forgot how fun he is. Totally undeserved of the "pretentious" label and his politics in his late new wave period feel pretty relevant today.

I've also been excited to see they're carrying the full Tarkovsky filmography now, time to fill some blindspots in.

I’m trying to get back into watching Criterion Channel. Today I saw Alfie!
Does anyone have any recs for what is currently streaming?

Also, if you are interested in something weirder and quirky (but a lot of fun), check out the Karel Zeman films they have on there right now: The Fabulous Baron Munchausen and Invention For Destruction.

I'm so glad they added the Tarkovsky collection. I have never seen his work and am going to try to watch them in order of release over the next couple weeks!

I recently watched my first Campion film (Sweetie) which I very much enjoyed.

How long does CC keep selections live for? Is it like a monthly thing? The weekly release schedules, emails and site don't make any of that clear. (I'm not subbed, but I want to use the trial period for checking those Tarkovsky movies off my watch list finally.)

How long does CC keep selections live for? Is it like a monthly thing? The weekly release schedules, emails and site don't make any of that clear. (I'm not subbed, but I want to use the trial period for checking those Tarkovsky movies off my watch list finally.)
I don't think that's known, as some selections are still on there from when the service started. Pretty sure the only way to know what's leaving is through the Leaving [month here] 3xth category on their browser.

Back