Covers

seeing as my avatar is related to Manchester Orchestra and they’re my favorite band, I’d be remiss to post these:

they got Phoebe Bridgers cover “The Gold,” the single from their last album.

then they covered the Avett Brothers tune “No Hard Feelings” and it brings me to tears nearly every time I listen to it.

Ooh I love good covers.

I guess I’ll start with the bird and the bee. They did a cover album for Hall & Oates and I like them all, but here are some of my faves:

They also did a cover of How Deep is Your Love and it is straight up fire:

Childish Gambino doing justice to So Into You:

Part 2 in next post

Julien Baker piling up the feels in her cover of Photobooth by Death Cab:

Lauren Mayberry of CHVRCHES doing half a cover of Brothers on a Hotel Bed:

Probably my favorite cover of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. Roma di Luna was Channy’s band before they formed Polica from its ashes.

Anna of the North doing a cover of Nothing Compares 2 U:

I’m gonna stop here for now. I’ll do another post later

Last edited:
Chromatics do this too

And Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Speaking of Chromatics covers...

Into the Black:

Running Up that Hill:

Ceremony:

They do justice to any and all songs they cover, imo. I missed out on seeing them live this year because I decided to go on vacation out of state. I’m still kind of bummed out about it :/

Ooh I love good covers.

I guess I’ll start with the bird and the bee. They did a cover album for Hall & Oates and I like them all, but here are some of my faves:

They also did a cover of How Deep is Your Love and it is straight up fire:

I bought the first two Bird and The Bee albums on RSD because I love them so much. I wasn't crazy about the Hall & Oates album when it came out but it definitely grew on me. I think I might to buy that one on vinyl too.

I bought the first two Bird and The Bee albums on RSD because I love them so much. I wasn't crazy about the Hall & Oates album when it came out but it definitely grew on me. I think I might to buy that one on vinyl too.

I bought the cover album ASAP! You should definitely get it when you have the chance.

I'm pretty sure I shared this one in the Covers thread on the old forum. It's one of my absolute favorites that a lot of people may not have heard about. San Antonio's Girl In A Coma covering Joy Division's 'Transmission'.

They are also big Selena fans, and this punked up take on her 'Si Una Vez' is a lot of fun.

Also, I'm a huge P.M. Dawn fan ... I recently discovered that Gambino covered "I'd Die Without You" a couple of years ago as part of a radio performance... It's not terribly different from the original but it's still cool

Ooh I’m digging this one. I might have to go and search for more covers by him. I think he covered Lust for Life by Girls? It was very lackluster if I recall correctly.

Back