Covers

This is another favorite. I actually think Grace Jones' version, specifically this remix that appeared on the 'Island Life' compilation, is better than the Roxy Music original. Just has more oomph.

This is another one I know I posted on the old forum. Personally, I like this version better than the original from Frank Ocean. They really do make this sound like it was an Afghan Whigs song all along. Greg Dulli loves covering R&B/soul tunes. Some work better than others. Their take on 'Can't Get Enough Of Your Love' from the "Beautiful Girls" soundtrack is also really good.

I think I posted this back on the old forum, but who cares I still love it: Tanya Tagaq and Damian Abraham cover Run To The Hills

This is another one I know I posted on the old forum. Personally, I like this version better than the original from Frank Ocean. They really do make this sound like it was an Afghan Whigs song all along. Greg Dulli loves covering R&B/soul tunes. Some work better than others. Their take on 'Can't Get Enough Of Your Love' from the "Beautiful Girls" soundtrack is also really good.

Here's a cover by Frank Ocean

WOAH!

Is anybody interested in a Spotify playlist in the first post like the ones I made for the 80's and 90's threads? Not all of this stuff Is on there but I'd at least keep adding the ones that are available.

Is anybody interested in a Spotify playlist in the first post like the ones I made for the 80's and 90's threads? Not all of this stuff Is on there but I'd at least keep adding the ones that are available.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that Afghan Whigs track isn’t on Spotify. Couldn’t find it for my AW playlist a while back. I like the idea though.

Back