Covers

I REALLY wish that Lianne La Havas would do a studio recording of her sexy/jazzy/soulful cover of Radiohead's 'Weird Fishes/Arpeggi'. Doubt it happens, so I'll just have to stick with live versions like this.

šŸ‘€
Have some good news for you from the future

Last edited:
lol, I love it. I just went through today and listened to every version of that song I could find and that's my fave. Even over the OG... Sorry!

Yeah see if I wanted to listen to that kinda music Iā€™d just put on some Iron Maiden. Thatā€™s such a tortured emotive song and theyā€™ve made it song like a bad metal cabaret.

Yeah see if I wanted to listen to that kinda music Iā€™d just put on some Iron Maiden. Thatā€™s such a tortured emotive song and theyā€™ve made it song like a bad metal cabaret.
I would argue a good metal cabaret, but to each their own. This should probably go in the hot take thread, but I'm the kind of person that does not enjoy Pink Floyd, but I love covers of their songs as I feel other people generally do a better job.

I would argue a good metal cabaret, but to each their own. This should probably go in the hot take thread, but I'm the kind of person that does not enjoy Pink Floyd, but I love covers of their songs as I feel other people generally do a better job.

Yeah I just hate Pink Floyd to the point that those songs are beyond redemption.

I suppose the problem I have is that itā€™s neutered. There is zero emotion at all in that cover. The metal cabaret doesnā€™t suit it for me but thatā€™s a matter of taste I suppose, itā€™s the pure soulless emotion free vacuum that I object to.

No sure how i came across this again because I haven't watched Wicker Man recently nor have I listened to Faith & the Muse in a long time but this cover of Willow's song is great:

Also the Sneaker Pimps' version "How Do":

Back