Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Sarah Jarosz announced (part) of her tour. For my Northeast and some SE folks mostly. Of note, the Boston stop is at the Royale so she's upgraded size wise from The Sinclair which is quite interesting and welcome (I love the Sinclair but the Royale is great too). Also, this locks her in for Saturday of Freshgrass...which is the same date as Sara Watkins and Aoife O'Donovan has two days listed including that Saturday, so I'm With Her mini reunion is possible there.

1624378363890.png

BullMoose is sold out of it. The Home vinyl has been out of stock for some time, not too long after its release. I don't know why Rounder isn't pressing more copies. The CD is available. The color vinyl version sold out almost instantly and is listed on Discogs for some ridiculous amount.

That person on Reddit dropped his price from 350 to...50. Go figure, now it's well under market, though not retail

I love an awesome deal…
4F6AB4B5-3E14-4EA3-94E6-2E816CA72948.jpeg
John Hartford’s Aereo-Plain, This album is a bit of an overlooked gem and is in desperate need of a reissue. I was just randomly scrolling through my local’s inventory online and saw that they had just added a VG+/VG+ copy and the kicker was that they only wanted $13 for it! For context, there are currently only 17 copies of any vinyl pressing available on Discogs right now and of those only a single copy for under $50 (it’s actually not a terrible deal at $30 + $5 shipping). Needless to say I couldn’t scoop it up fast enough.

here’s a track for those unfamiliar…

Probably my favorite Bluegrass album of all time.

I love an awesome deal…
View attachment 104186
John Hartford’s Aereo-Plain, This album is a bit of an overlooked gem and is in desperate need of a reissue. I was just randomly scrolling through my local’s inventory online and saw that they had just added a VG+/VG+ copy and the kicker was that they only wanted $13 for it! For context, there are currently only 17 copies of any vinyl pressing available on Discogs right now and of those only a single copy for under $50 (it’s actually not a terrible deal at $30 + $5 shipping). Needless to say I couldn’t scoop it up fast enough.

here’s a track for those unfamiliar…

Probably my favorite Bluegrass album of all time.

That's badass. What record store or do you not want to tell me your great places to find gems?

That's badass. What record store or do you not want to tell me your great places to find gems?
Ha! It’s my local Hi-Voltage. Their prices tend to be on the higher side for most used albums but I get lucky every once in a while. Seems like they don’t care as much about the Country and Bluegrass so I have been more lucky with stuff like this. Definitely not the place to shop for a used copy of like Rumours though, that would probably be priced for like $25 for a VG/VG copy. That being said, they’re good people and have always been fair with me. You just need to have your Discogs app pulled up while your shopping.

Great song. How are the two Dylan Earl albums? This reminds me of those great George/Tammy and Twitty/Loretta Lynn duet albums. Hard to beat a smoking classic country duet with cry in your beer pedal steel behind it.
I love them both. He has such a wonderful voice. If you forced me to pick, I like the Squirrel In The Garden a bit better. New Country To Be is OOP on vinyl which sucks. I like his buddy Willi Carlisle a lot too and of course Nick Shoulders.

Back