Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

Record is so good. Signed vinyl is supposed to ship this week I think. Saw him last night in Nashville. I mean he is every bit as good as Sturgill and Tyler in my opinion.

View attachment 106128
Agree! I wanted to go to this show so bad, but has to travel out of town for work unfortunately. Hopefully he plays in Nashville again soon, can’t imagine he will stay venues that size much longer though.

Agree! I wanted to go to this show so bad, but has to travel out of town for work unfortunately. Hopefully he plays in Nashville again soon, can’t imagine he will stay venues that size much longer though.
He was saying he’s lives here now so I think he will. I picked him first record last night since I didn’t own that one of vinyl. That’s a great record too.

Strong words from a strange fellow. ;)

I get that not many people share my feelings here, but I was dancing around in absolute batshit glee in the kitchen I was working in at the time it came out!
I think it is a great album and when I saw him on that tour, he sounded better to me than when I saw him live for Sailor with Laur Joamets and the horn section (which was a good show, but not as fired up as the S&F show, IMHO). And yet, some people were critical of those S&F shows and the surrounding press Sturgill did did not seem to help. That being said, I love all of his albums and I enjoy that they are different from one another.

I think it is a great album and when I saw him on that tour, he sounded better to me than when I saw him live for Sailor with Laur Joamets and the horn section (which was a good show, but not as fired up as the S&F show, IMHO). And yet, some people were critical of those S&F shows and the surrounding press Sturgill did did not seem to help. That being said, I love all of his albums and I enjoy that they are different from one another.

This is amazing, you got the see a S & F show before the whole tour was canned what like a week and half in.

This is amazing, you got the see a S & F show before the whole tour was canned what like a week and half in.
Yes, one of the first shows of the tour, in Birmingham. Tyler Childers opened. Sturgill's guitar playing was much more out front and aggressive, in a good way.

Strong words from a strange fellow. ;)

I get that not many people share my feelings here, but I was dancing around in absolute batshit glee in the kitchen I was working in at the time it came out!
I don’t hate. I also admire the courage it took to make.

Back