Country / Alt-Country / Roots / Americana

I think it is a great album and when I saw him on that tour, he sounded better to me than when I saw him live for Sailor with Laur Joamets and the horn section (which was a good show, but not as fired up as the S&F show, IMHO). And yet, some people were critical of those S&F shows and the surrounding press Sturgill did did not seem to help. That being said, I love all of his albums and I enjoy that they are different from one another.
I saw him after he got rid of the horns and before S&F and it was very Sabbathy. I want to hear that album.

Might as well start here:
This is the album that I wish would get a nice vinyl pressing, but unfortunately will never see reissue in any format if Sturgill has anything to say about it, based on his previous comments. I really like Sturgill's guitar work and this album, along with S&F, give him room to cut loose.

He might make me look like an idiot in a week, but I LOVE that Sturgill releases an album without a lead single. I can almost hear him telling the PR folks: "it's a concept album, I'm not releasing a single." The man does what he wants.

Also, really loving the new John R. Miller album. Hopefully it gets him all of the accolades he deserves. Now if the vinyl would ship...

Last edited:
He'll might make me look like an idiot in a week, but I LOVE that Sturgill releases an album without a lead single. I can almost hear him telling the PR folks: "it's a concept album, I'm not releasing a single." The man does what he wants.

Also, really loving the new John R. Miller album. Hopefully it gets him all of the accolades he deserves. Now if the vinyl would ship...
I hate that he books only three nights at The Ryman though especially when he could sell out multiple weeks there. I saw him when he was touring High Top Mountain opening up for Isbell. I then saw him at a showcase before he released MetaModern Sounds and there may have been a 100 people. And that was with other artists like Christan Lee Hutson and Great Peacock playing.

He might make me look like an idiot in a week, but I LOVE that Sturgill releases an album without a lead single. I can almost hear him telling the PR folks: "it's a concept album, I'm not releasing a single." The man does what he wants.

Got my tickets for the
I hate that he books only three nights at The Ryman though especially when he could sell out multiple weeks there. I saw him when he was touring High Top Mountain opening up for Isbell. I then saw him at a showcase before he released MetaModern Sounds and there may have been a 100 people. And that was with other artists like Christan Lee Hutson and Great Peacock playing.
Got my tickets for the Saturday show!

Any opinions on previous Miller releases? Does his band's fiddle player Chloe Edmonstone have any solo work?
His last record The Trouble You Follow rules too. You can pick that up here if you are interested. Chloe doesn’t have any solo work that I know of but she is in the band Locust Honey. They are great as well, not on vinyl though.

I really hoped that quarantine and Old Crow Medicine show would get Charlie Worsham to let loose a bit. (He did when he was doing his silly and entertaining live from the loo shows)… however, his new EP is serious radio friendly stuff. It’s a shame because he is a good song writer and really just needs to lighten up a bit.

This preorder ends in three hours if you are interested in it. It was a lot more than I wanted to pay but I really wanted this record on vinyl.

Back