Concert/Gig Posters! It's Back!

How do you get something like this?? Do you know John and dog-sit for home or something?
The story on this one is pretty wild. Wish I could tell it in person but the short version is that I bought it from a big RHCP collector I know who I have purchased some other awards from. I posted the award on Reddit. 2 days later, I got a Reddit message from John Frusciante's manager and ended up speaking w/ him @ length about the award, how I got it, etc. John did give a ton of awards away but also had some stolen. I told the manager to tell John I'd gladly give the award back at no cost and that I was a die hard fan. Manager messaged me a few days later and here was the response:

" I just now got a chance to talk to JF about all this and all is good; with blessings, enjoy the RIAA plaque, happy for a fan to enjoy it. be well."

SO! That is awesome.

For RIAA awards in general, you have to understand that artists (especially big ones) get hundreds of RIAA awards. Take number of albums x gold certification x number of platinum certifications. Can't imagine an artist would have 50-100 awards in their house, so a lot goes to charity, donated, goes to friends/roadies/etc.

Always a ton of RIAA awards on eBay, but expect to pay a premium for ones made out to artists or managers/producers.

Edit: Check this out. Great example. Red hot chili peppers John Frusciante gold award Stadium Arcadium | eBay

Edit2: I have a few others to FLEA and a SUBLIME award (friend of band) I'll post sometime.

These are bad ass. I LOVE the Gorillaz poster.
Got it from a site called Pictures on Walls, which unfortunately doesn't exist anymore. Annoyingly, they had signed versions of all the band, and I should have got them all. You could also get signed Banksy limited editions from the site, and again, I should have got some!

@dansomeone - I also have a Jay Ryan Sleater-Kinney poster in the same format as the Interpol. It's packed away, but I'll remember to take a picture of it later on. I've also got an obligatory Pearl Jam poster (only one, pretty much every poster from the gigs I've been to has been shit!) and a Justin Hampton White Stripes that I need to find a home for.

Got it from a site called Pictures on Walls, which unfortunately doesn't exist anymore. Annoyingly, they had signed versions of all the band, and I should have got them all. You could also get signed Banksy limited editions from the site, and again, I should have got some!

@dansomeone - I also have a Jay Ryan Sleater-Kinney poster in the same format as the Interpol. It's packed away, but I'll remember to take a picture of it later on. I've also got an obligatory Pearl Jam poster (only one, pretty much every poster from the gigs I've been to has been shit!) and a Justin Hampton White Stripes that I need to find a home for.
I have a bunch of prints by Jay Ryan, I love his work. His latest isn't a gig poster, but it's a really cool open edition presale print of a weird thing that happens every 17 years in the US:
1622463202885.png

I though we had a "Concert Photography" thread but couldn't find it... Oh well, these are going on the wall eventually, will need to get them framed.

Here are some recent prints I made from some photos I took from recent(ish) concerts:

First up, Cafe Tacvba in Mexicali(my hometown)
IMG_20210715_011028__01.jpg

This one didn't came out quite like I expected, may need to polish it for another version.

Next, Flying Lotus at the House of Blues in San DiegoIMG_20210715_013057__01.jpg

This one really blew me away. Didn't think it would come out this good, but it's one of the best in the bunch.

Next we got, LITE at The Music Box in San Diego. This was a show with Elephant Gym

IMG_20210715_013204__01.jpg

Finally we have Tomorrow's Modern Boxes at the Santa Barbara Bowl. One of my favoritesIMG_20210715_012432__01.jpg

All these react with some cool effects with different colored lights, I'll be sharing some videos tomorrow sometime over at my IG if you want to check it out. Please let me know what you think, any feedback will be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Ahh yes, this one is one of my trippy photos and came quite awesome too! Although not related to any band.IMG_20210715_012510__01.jpg

I forgot that this thread existed. Here's a few posters that I have acquired over the past few months.

Berliner Jazztage 1968. "Jazz Not War"

IMG_0207.JPG

Soho Jazz Festival 1990. This one is an original lithograph designed by Eduardo Paolozzi. The colours really pop on this.

IMG_1049.JPG

Miles Davis in Paris 1983. Another original with some fantastically strong colour choices.

IMG_2398.jpeg

I have 3 concert prints in the framing shop at the moment and another 3 still at my parent’s house (that I’ve been meaning to get for like 2 years) so I’ll post them later but here’s my 3 recently framed posters (Halloween technically isn’t a concert poster but I got it at a John Carpenter gig):

83F7EA1C-2E10-4E91-B5FC-43820834E74D.jpeg

55CB311D-0B8B-4665-B900-54E6FD25E3F5.jpeg

E88BBFD8-2E0F-4BB7-938B-FCA43D6586D1.jpeg

Really cool Miles Davis poster that if I had wall space and money I'd buy in a heartbeat

or

first link is for the artists AP editions second is the main run. Both limited.

Back