Complete collections.

I love this thread, thanks to @feesrevenge for setting it up.

It got me thinking though of how tricky this becomes when you consider jazz artists. The genre relies completely on musicians appearing on each other's albums, it just couldn't work otherwise. There are lots of jazz musicians that are household names but might have only released a handful of records as lead, despite being on hundreds of recordings. For example, Walter Davis Jr was a pianist that recorded with Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers (Africaine, Roots & Herbs, etc), Dizzy Gillespie (Dizzy in Greece, etc), Jackie McLean (New Soil, etc), Art Taylor (Taylor's Tenors), yet only recorded around a dozen albums as lead.

Makes me wonder is there's any other genres where this mixing of musicians is key?
Bluegrass. Always buy or listen to albums based on who’s on it. It’s similar to jazz in that lots of times you’re listening to a specific version or arrangement of well known songs.

My Spoon collection:

6fde5474-5039-4f70-89e9-44d008ee5894-jpeg.76967
spoon.jpg

I'm missing some EPs and pretty much all the singles, but I have all the full lengths. All originals except Series of Sneaks, Girls Can Tell, Love Ways EP, and Kill the Moonlight. One copy of Gimme Fiction is the 10th anniversary reissue remastered with bonus LP. Next on my list is the Ga Ga 10th anniversary reissue, and the reissue of Soft Effects EP. Found an original 1996 pressing of Telephono at a used record shop for 20 bucks a few years back - probably my least favourite Spoon album but I needed it to round out the collection :)

I have a few complete discographies, although the ones I'm proudest of the most is what I consider my personal 'holy trinity':

David Bowie [this includes misc. live stuff, a few compilations and some odds and ends, but I do indeed own everything]
David Sylvian
King Crimson [one that was left incomplete for years until DGM finally released the final three Crimson albums on vinyl]
I could do pics of the Bowie, but that would be quite the task to assemble 30+ records!
Pics or it didn’t happen...

ok, a little more serious post here

View attachment 44922
View attachment 44923
View attachment 44924
View attachment 44925
View attachment 44926
View attachment 44927
View attachment 44928
View attachment 44929
View attachment 44930
View attachment 44931

i also have the early years set, but you can only attach 10 images and i don't feel like making another post for one image.
Very very very impressive. What are those box sets all about? Also I may have a “Pink Floyd” dvd you don’t have...

The immersion ones

i guess you can call them an 'anthology' for those records - dark side, wywh, and the wall. they're cd/bd/dvd mixed media sets, not vinyl. demos, alternate mixes, live versions (pre- and post-album release), live shows, live video. and a bunch of extra crap like scarves and marbles, because... rea$on$?

ok, a little more serious post here

003-jpg.44924

i also have the early years set, but you can only attach 10 images and i don't feel like making another post for one image.

Is that first 12" this one?

15z7yY.jpg

FgUsRa.jpg

I had to make the Discogs submission for it years ago...

Last edited:
View attachment 86801
Took me a while to get all these, but I finally got all the essential Slowdive albums and ep's. I did leave out the 5ep remix 12" but I don't really need that tbh.
Nice collection!!!

For some inexplicable reason, I don't have Just For A Day on vinyl. I just ordered Slowdive EP RSD the other day - I guess mostly for Avalyn II as I already have the Blue Day compilation which compiles some songs from their eps but I don't own any of the singles/eps. I also have a boot called "Hide yer eyes" that doesn't sound really great but interesting to hear nonetheless.

Nice collection!!!

For some inexplicable reason, I don't have Just For A Day on vinyl. I just ordered Slowdive EP RSD the other day - I guess mostly for Avalyn II as I already have the Blue Day compilation which compiles some songs from their eps but I don't own any of the singles/eps. I also have a boot called "Hide yer eyes" that doesn't sound really great but interesting to hear nonetheless.
Hide Your Eyes is a bootleg compilation of the songs they made before Souvlaki. They ended up not using them and started over and made the Souvlaki we all know and love today. I actually want to pick that up at some point. My local store has some copies.

Here is most of my The National collection. I took this photo back in August and have since added to it. Have also preordered the Cherry Tree variant reissues of self titled, Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers and Cherry Tree.

View attachment 87383
i have most of those minus the 7”’s, I don’t know if I really need those. I have the Guilty Party 7” because I was at that show, but that’s it. The big hole in my National collection the A Lot of Sorrow boxset. I remember there was a time in like 2015 where this was on sale for like $200 but I didn’t have a spare $200 to spend. Now it goes for insane money. This also reminded me that I had the Bob’s Burgers box, I completely forgot, but I sold it because it was taking up too much space and realized I would never listen to it very often.

Back