Complete collections.

sims' bad time zoo is a must have, imo. should put that next on your list. still waiting for mictlan/lazerbeak's 'hand over fist' to get a pressing.
Who would of thought this thread would have me ordering more records?!? Ordered Bad Time Zoo, Dessas Badly Broken Codes, Sound the Bells, and Paper Tigers In Other Words...

Alright, these are some projects of mine that are just missing a couple
Atmosphere and related.
I actually have a copy of Felt 2 on the way, and 3 I plan on getting from RSD

View attachment 45133Brother Ali
View attachment 45134
Aesop Rock

In wantlist is The Uncluded, and the Lice EpsView attachment 45135
Other random Rhymesayers stuff
Just waiting on @EmeryRK to PIF me a copy of First BornView attachment 45136
I wish I could. 😉 I haven’t spun it in a while. Good listen for tomorrow.

i’m spinning naturally right now, so figured i might as well pull the catalog off the shelf... this was only recently completed with last years first ever vinyl issues of his 90s-00s records.

8260BE0D-56D6-46D4-B51C-AB129F5FAD78.jpeg

doing this made me realize the only eric clapton records i own are the ones with or for jj cale.

i’m spinning naturally right now, so figured i might as well pull the catalog off the shelf... this was only recently completed with last years first ever vinyl issues of his 90s-00s records.

View attachment 45481

doing this made me realize the only eric clapton records i own are the ones with or for jj cale.

Oh, I should do Eric Clapton and all the bands he's been in. I can't take credit for it though. It was all inherited from my parents. But their dedication is impressive.

interesting thread. I'm not a completionist by any means but I do have a lot of some artists (if you count CDs i probably had a lot more "completed" collections)

Here's my Boards Of Canada collection.
Main LPs EPs
IMG_20200508_202409.jpg

Boards Remixes Singles / Boots
IMG_20200508_202427.jpg

Boards had a remix for Beck in Guerolito - which I have here. Also my Beck collection lol
IMG_20200508_201911.jpg

I missed one - Has "Orange Romeda" by BoC on it.
IMG_20200508_203150.jpg
Oh and cds / dvds too....
IMG_20200508_203454.jpg

im missing some that I'll get eventually. BoC is my exception where I'm trying to get everything (some will be impossible).

Last edited:
IMG_20200526_225920~2.jpg

I first heard Burial back in 2007. I kept seeing his 2nd album Untrue show up on a lot of lists of best electronic music and such. I took a listen and was immediately hooked by its low-key charm and mysterious aesthetic. In 2010 I bought my first Burial record on vinyl, which was his self titled debut album. After that I was hooked.

It took me until 2020 to finally finish my collection and I can't think of a better way to finish it than to collect my all time white whale, the Massive Attack remix 12'. Thanks to those who encouraged me to not waste my money on an inferior copy but instead to pursue the legit thing. I was able to get the record and now I'm complete.

From here on out I can sit back and simply collect his stuff as it comes out and add it to the collection with ease.

Cheers!

View attachment 49149

I first heard Burial back in 2007. I kept seeing his 2nd album Untrue show up on a lot of lists of best electronic music and such. I took a listen and was immediately hooked by its low-key charm and mysterious aesthetic. In 2010 I bought my first Burial record on vinyl, which was his self titled debut album. After that I was hooked.

It took me until 2020 to finally finish my collection and I can't think of a better way to finish it than to collect my all time white whale, the Massive Attack remix 12'. Thanks to those who encouraged me to not waste my money on an inferior copy but instead to pursue the legit thing. I was able to get the record and now I'm complete.

From here on out I can sit back and simply collect his stuff as it comes out and add it to the collection with ease.

Cheers!

The Moth/Wolf Cub 12” with Burial and Four Tet is one of my most sought-after records. Loving all of this.

So here goes with my big one. Nobody really knows how many releases Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou from Benin really have. I have 52 albums (including a few compilations but nearly all OGs), which I guess is not far away from all, and 130ish singles, which I guess is about half. They're nearly every one of them glorious. A fair bit of money, time, and fun went into all of this.

First up: albums (which includes some backing other artists - there could be quite a lot more of these)

View attachment 44911

View attachment 44912

View attachment 44913

Misjudged so compilations are on their own

View attachment 44916

And singles, showing how few with covers I've got. Still buying these quite regularly but I refuse to pay v much for them (their rarest often go for $100-200-300)

View attachment 44915

View attachment 44914

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, this is amazing!

As someone who discovered this band via the Analog Africa comps, I thoroughly enjoy this band. The breadth of their discography is pretty daunting, and this is an insanely cool collection

The Moth/Wolf Cub 12” with Burial and Four Tet is one of my most sought-after records. Loving all of this.
Yeah all his collabs with Four Tet are sooooo good! And the unreleased stuff is also very good. Here's the most recent one that came out. It was played at a live gig and the sounds coming from it have many convinced its another Burial collab.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, this is amazing!

As someone who discovered this band via the Analog Africa comps, I thoroughly enjoy this band. The breadth of their discography is pretty daunting, and this is an insanely cool collection
If you're interested it's definitely possible to pick off albums and singles pretty cheaply - I've paid a fair bit for maybe 10-15 of those albums and a couple of singles but I've got most things for under $30 and a lot for $10-15. Superfly Records in Paris regularly sell their stuff for good prices - eg they had one album in VG for €12 last weekend. There's also 2 or 3 Ebay sellers I buy a lot from. Finally, there's a guy in North America (Canada, I think) who sells under something like Canicule Tropicale on Facebook but the postage is always too much for me.

View attachment 49149

Cheers!

I'm a huge fan of Burial / Four Tet collabs too

Been after this one for a while ^^

Back