Complete collections.

i have most of those minus the 7”’s, I don’t know if I really need those. I have the Guilty Party 7” because I was at that show, but that’s it. The big hole in my National collection the A Lot of Sorrow boxset. I remember there was a time in like 2015 where this was on sale for like $200 but I didn’t have a spare $200 to spend. Now it goes for insane money. This also reminded me that I had the Bob’s Burgers box, I completely forgot, but I sold it because it was taking up too much space and realized I would never listen to it very often.
I actually saw A Lot of Sorrow in my local store about 4-5 years ago, wish I’d bought it as a second copy. I can’t believe how much it goes for now. A friend was able to track it down in the $250 range about a year and a half ago.

My husband bought me that Bob’s Burgers box 😂 He loves the show, I think I’ve maybe listened to it 1 1/2 times, but I do spin the 7” every year on Thanksgiving.

I actually saw A Lot of Sorrow in my local store about 4-5 years ago, wish I’d bought it as a second copy. I can’t believe how much it goes for now. A friend was able to track it down in the $250 range about a year and a half ago.

My husband bought me that Bob’s Burgers box 😂 He loves the show, I think I’ve maybe listened to it 1 1/2 times, but I do spin the 7” every year on Thanksgiving.
All it takes is one person to sell it for a crazy amount and then every Discogs seller thinks they can get the same for it. However, the high sold price is $600, now everyone wants $1000 for it. Most of the recently sold are between $250-$400 so if some sellers are practical I could eventually get it for that price range.

My Spoon collection:

6fde5474-5039-4f70-89e9-44d008ee5894-jpeg.76967
View attachment 76968

I'm missing some EPs and pretty much all the singles, but I have all the full lengths. All originals except Series of Sneaks, Girls Can Tell, Love Ways EP, and Kill the Moonlight. One copy of Gimme Fiction is the 10th anniversary reissue remastered with bonus LP. Next on my list is the Ga Ga 10th anniversary reissue, and the reissue of Soft Effects EP. Found an original 1996 pressing of Telephono at a used record shop for 20 bucks a few years back - probably my least favourite Spoon album but I needed it to round out the collection :)
I'd been chasing an original Telephono for years, just couldn't justify the price. Was thrilled that it was reissued and I was finally able to complete my discography.

I'd been chasing an original Telephono for years, just couldn't justify the price. Was thrilled that it was reissued and I was finally able to complete my discography.
Totally! I picked up the Soft Effects EP reissue the other day. That should be it for a while. Do you know if the Slay on Cue remasters are much different? Spoon records already sound great with no need for remastering IMHO, with the exception of TWMS and Hot Thoughts, which is more due to Fridmann’s mix I think.

Edit: Spelling

In honor of Sarah Jarosz announcing a repress of Build Me Up From Bones and letting some folks complete our get closer to completing their stashes, I may as well post my complete Sarah Jarosz / I’m With Her collection. Not all variants but at least one copy of all of her solo or collaborative releases that I'm aware of. Several signed. I did not include compilations with unique songs but I’m aiming to snipe those too at some point but for now this is what I have. A few of these were obnoxious to find but worth it.

PXL_20210205_175432250.jpg

Totally! I picked up the Soft Effects EP reissue the other day. That should be it for a while. Do you know if the Slay on Cue remasters are much different? Spoon records already sound great with no need for remastering IMHO, with the exception of TWMS and Hot Thoughts, which is more due to Fridmann’s mix I think.

Edit: Spelling
TBH I can’t answer that as the only one I have is Telephono and had nothing to compare it with.
I just remembered that I preordered the Gimme Fiction red/white split! that will be my third pressing of it- an original, the 10th anniversary deluxe, and now this one. I can’t recall when it’s supposed to ship... I really do need to keep a spreadsheet of pre-orders 😂

I'm much too lazy to dig out all my 45s, but here's my LP collection of all things Doug.

View attachment 92304
No Halo Benders?
I saw this photo and was going to reply with the same question lol. Halo Benders are good! All things Calvin Johnson does is good too. But lots of people don't like the Halo Benders because both of them share lead vocals and sing at the same time which very unique.

one of my favorite Halo Benders tunes

Not quite a complete Belle & Sebastian collection (it’s missing a couple of soundtracks I don’t have much interest in acquiring, plus the Books 7-inch that I absolutely need), but it’s probably worthy of this thread:

09B7473C-59F8-4B61-8818-2BCADE1530EE.jpeg

8 studio albums, 10 EPs, 2 live albums, a B-sides compilation, and another compilation featuring bands that joined their cruise festival a couple of years back.

(Not pictured: other cruise souvenirs, because that would’ve been a bit much.)

Not quite a complete Belle & Sebastian collection (it’s missing a couple of soundtracks I don’t have much interest in acquiring, plus the Books 7-inch that I absolutely need), but it’s probably worthy of this thread:

View attachment 92454

8 studio albums, 10 EPs, 2 live albums, a B-sides compilation, and another compilation featuring bands that joined their cruise festival a couple of years back.

(Not pictured: other cruise souvenirs, because that would’ve been a bit much.)
Nice!!

Belle and Sebastian are a band that are a huge blind spot in my collection considering how far up they are on my list of favorite artists. I’ve only got “If You’re Feeling Sinister”. When I started collecting, they didn’t have any fancy limited/color releases so I didn’t feel the need to get any of their standard releases. I’ll get them eventually I’m sure.

F02E2E98-9EFB-4C39-BC2F-9580F630614E.jpeg

Yumi Zouma were a big part of my life in lockdown. I shouldn’t look fondly upon those first couple of months but I do because they were soundtracked by them. A little over a year ago I had absolutely no idea who they were but have since rocketed to the top of my all time favorites list. Thanks for making 2020 not as bad as it could have been Yumi Zouma.

Nice!!

Belle and Sebastian are a band that are a huge blind spot in my collection considering how far up they are on my list of favorite artists. I’ve only got “If You’re Feeling Sinister”. When I started collecting, they didn’t have any fancy limited/color releases so I didn’t feel the need to get any of their standard releases. I’ll get them eventually I’m sure.

All of mine are standard pressings, nothing colored or limited other than the Jeepster Singles box set (which is numbered). Some of the early ones are from the nice Matador reissue series from the mid-2000s, pressed at RTI. Back then the listed price was $13.99! The glory days.

Last edited:
All of mine are standard pressings, nothing colored or limited other than the Jeepster Singles box set (which is numbered). Some of the early ones are from the nice Matador reissue series from the mid-2000s, pressed at RTI. Back then the listed price was $13.99! The glory days.
Yup! I started getting serious about collecting in 2014 so prices have risen significantly since. If the standard pressings were all $14 I’d have absolutely picked them up. It’s hard to justify $25 each plus shipping for the Matador reissues. I’m just hoping I’ll find them in the wild second hand somewhere.

My Jonathan Richman (and the Modern Lovers) vinyl collection. First pressing except for the 1st Modern Lovers (a 1978 issue) and I, Jonathan which was just (re)issued on vinyl for the first time last year. Subsequent records I have on CD, which are boxed away for now.
View attachment 92766
Holy shit I’m jealous. I’m missing 88, Goes Country (which are two of my favorites by him), rockin with, and Jonathan sings. He’s actually really fun to collect because these are relatively hard to come by. All except the recent I, Jonathan and & the modern lovers s/t record I’ve managed to find in the wild.

My Jonathan Richman (and the Modern Lovers) vinyl collection. First pressing except for the 1st Modern Lovers (a 1978 issue) and I, Jonathan which was just (re)issued on vinyl for the first time last year. Subsequent records I have on CD, which are boxed away for now.
View attachment 92766
This inspired me to finally listen to I, Jonathan after reading about it for a long time and holy shit I'm pissing myself.

Back