Complete collections.

feesrevenge

I want to see people’s full collections. Whether it’s all studio albums, all live albums or simply everything the artist has put out....put them together and post them here.

If you are missing one or two or almost complete feel free to post that to. Not too strict on the title ;)

Last edited:
Queen full discography plus extras. Believe it or not I am not actually a die-hard fan of Queen. I think they are great and really enjoy their music, but theres other artists I prefer. When I first started buying records I was able to pick most of these up for 50p at a time at carboot sales. I remember we used to play a game where we would guess how long it would be until we found a Queen record, they were just so common to find. There are some rarities in here (just realised there's a couple missing as well, must of been put on the wrong shelf) like the 7" single on the bottom right (was withdrawn shortly after its release), the Japanese pressings of Smile and Sheer Heart Attack), the Brian May album, plus 2 records signed by the whole band. I was able to see Queen live (with Adam Lambert in place of Freddie) a few years ago and it was a great night!

IMG_6487.JPG

The Roots. I've been a big fan of The Roots from the first time I heard them. This collection was a slow build and mainly made up of first presses. There's still a few missing (also a few I must have put on the wrong shelf!!) but theres no rush and these are fantastic records anyway. I managed to see The Roots last summer for the first time and it was a killer show, im hoping they visit the UK again at some point!

IMG_6489.JPG

Tom Waits. Waits is one that I have only really been listening to for the past 5-6 years but his music is so infectious, it really speaks to me for some reason. A lot of his albums are really tricky to find at a decent price (Bone Machine for example) so its a slow build up for sure. Interestingly Waits is at his best live, his monologues are just out of control and each rendition of a song is slightly different, which has led to plenty of bootleg recordings from radio appearances. The front row are all bootlegs.

IMG_6492.jpg

Chance The Rapper & Childish Gambino. The Chance records are all bootlegs which I will likely upgrade one day. I first heard of Chance The Rapper on his feature on Action Bronson's 'Baby Blue' and thought he......sucked. Later I heard 'Cocoa Butter Kisses' and began to listen to more of his stuff. Childish Gambino came around at a similar time as I was listening to Chance and I soon started digging into his music as well, and thought the production was really good. I have managed to see Chance live twice and Childish Gambino once. Gambino was at the massive O2 in London and at one point he disappeared off the stage and appeared in the stairs of part of the seating area whilst performing. Turns out I was sat at the end of a row next to these stairs and he fist-bumped me when I noticed him, nodded, then started to sing whilst walking down. Pretty surreal moment.

IMG_6490.JPG

Ill Considered / Wildflower / MADMADMAD. This is one of my favourite UK Jazz acts. I came in at the Live At The Total Refreshment Centre album and was hooked. Since then I have picked up test presses of almost every one of their releases, plus signed copies of several. I saw Wildflower (their sister group) earlier in the year and had them sign the test pressing of their second album!

IMG_6493.JPG

Daniel Norgren. Final one for now. The VMP release of Wooh Dang turned me onto this amazing musician. I fell into a deep rabbit hole listening to all his albums on repeat and searching for live clips. His label actually sold all his records on their website cheaper than what they were going for on discogs, so I picked up all I could. I then went to see him live and picked up the Skogens Frukter compliation. As me and my mates were about to leave he appeared and signed the VMP Wooh Dang and Skogens Frukter for me which was super cool of him.

IMG_6488.JPG

Led Zeppelin come from pretty close to where I do, and I'd often see Robert Plant in my local. They've pretty much been my favourite band since I first discovered them aged 11. I've been through cassettes, remastered CD boxsets, OGs, remasters. What I would give to have seen them play live. Three master musicians (including out and out one of the greatest drummers of all time) and a fabulous singer. I'm not so bothered about lyrics so they wash over me but the music...

20200501_191316.jpg

And a final one for now - possibly my favourite single musician, Miles Davis. Hard to fathom just how much amazing music he's responsible for. The final white box in the pic contains 12 discs of his earliest EPs and albums so all told there are over 50 albums here (Water Babies is hidden in the pic). And I *love* each and every one of them. This will have to do for now - I need a much bigger build-up to do my Poly-Rythmo collection as I have so many damn 45s of theirs...

20200501_193155.jpg

Tom Waits. Waits is one that I have only really been listening to for the past 5-6 years but his music is so infectious, it really speaks to me for some reason. A lot of his albums are really tricky to find at a decent price (Bone Machine for example) so its a slow build up for sure. Interestingly Waits is at his best live, his monologues are just out of control and each rendition of a song is slightly different, which has led to plenty of bootleg recordings from radio appearances. The front row are all bootlegs.

View attachment 44143

Right on! I still don't have bone machine but recently I picked up this puppy:

15883553573485722848191558520092.jpg

Back