Ch Ch Ch Changes! - David Bowie Talk

No mention of it today. I had set a reminder on my calendar, not sure where I had seen it now.

Enjoyed that new mix of TMWSTW released today. The album has a bit more kick
I got white 458. No golden ticket but it's nice to have a limited one when Bowie is involved. Usual ballache of cleaning white vinyl aside that is

I will probably pick it up eventually. That said, I liked the 2019 remix of Space Oddity but its not like I throw it on regularly. I just hope they don’t continue releasing an new remix of that years 50th anniversary

I will probably pick it up eventually. That said, I liked the 2019 remix of Space Oddity but its not like I throw it on regularly. I just hope they don’t continue releasing an new remix of that years 50th anniversary
This is the Bowie estate we’re talking about... it’ll be a remix album, 7inch boxes sets of demos and 3 or 4 live albums every year

Plus with Tony “I will do that for a dollar” Visconti willing to defile the corpse...
I call him ‘Cloth Eared Tony’ as I don’t think he has mixed very well in some time. He made a pig’s ear out of the original TMWSTW and if it wasn’t for the wonderful redemption of Blackstar I didn’t love his work on Reality and The Next Day, but I’m in the minority. I think Visconti’s best production is actually Indiscreet by Sparks.

This is the Bowie estate we’re talking about... it’ll be a remix album, 7inch boxes sets of demos and 3 or 4 live albums every year

Bowie's will laid out a release schedule for the next five years. And we haven't quite hit 5 years since his death.

We haven't seen the estate do anything yet that he hadn't already planned.

Bowie's will laid out a release schedule for the next five years. And we haven't quite hit 5 years since his death.

I’m sure he gave the go ahead for things to be released but I doubt he would have approved of how they have been released - box sets of single demos, limited live albums with an empty box sold separately, the limited edition Barbie dolls, monopoly games and Visconti remixes which didn’t exist when he passed were hardly in his plans.

And I’m not against an estate raiding the vaults, I just feel Prince’s estate for example has honoured both his legacy and his fan’s commitment to his work more in their posthumous releases. Two very different artists of course. And again, I buy them all so I could wise up and stop I’m sure. I count 10 posthumous releases I’ve bought separately in the last two years which could have easily been compiled into one or two fan friendly (and artist serving) sets.

Well I listened to Metrobolist yesterday and I have to say I am not overly impressed. Where the Space Oddity remix was more of a polish job with making the soundstage a bit better defined, this is not well done in my opinion. One review described it as when people post videos on YouTube of them playing drums along with classic records. I find the drums are way to high in the mix. Also on the title track I think Tony nodded off and pushed the reverb slider to 11.

I will still pick it up because I am an addict, but will wait until I can find it cheaper.

Well I listened to Metrobolist yesterday and I have to say I am not overly impressed. Where the Space Oddity remix was more of a polish job with making the soundstage a bit better defined, this is not well done in my opinion. One review described it as when people post videos on YouTube of them playing drums along with classic records. I find the drums are way to high in the mix. Also on the title track I think Tony nodded off and pushed the reverb slider to 11.

I will still pick it up because I am an addict, but will wait until I can find it cheaper.
Woodmansey wasn’t the right drummer for hard rock. With a Bill Ward/Bonham/Cozy Powell style I think the album would have soared better.

Back