Bugs

let's test it out with something seasonal

** yup, no longer embedding the files for me, just giving me the link as a log-in. cleared cache and all that.

I'm going to have to say that there is either a problem on Instagrams end, or they changed something with how their oEmbeds work and the fix will be pushed in the next version of Xenforo.

Yup, that's it.

It is no longer possible to embed Instagram posts on XenForo out of the box. A custom app needs to be created on Facebooks developer platform to handle this, then this app would need to be built as an add on for XenForo. Not exactly a simple task. Something that requires time and understanding backend server programming.

I'm sure these changes were made to make Facebook more money somehow. Either through tracking or rate limiting A free Facebook developer account only gets 200 request per hour. So for more request, we would need a paid business account.

I didn't read the ten pages so sorry if this has already been mentioned. I put a certain number of threads on Ignore a few hours ago but these keep appearing in my home page. Is there anything I did wrong?

Screenshot_2020-12-07-07-05-16-098_com.android.chrome.jpg

site still randomly gives me an error when I click notifications..
I have to refresh the entire site again then it goes away

I didn't read the ten pages so sorry if this has already been mentioned. I put a certain number of threads on Ignore a few hours ago but these keep appearing in my home page. Is there anything I did wrong?

View attachment 79194

Unfortunately, any thread you ignore will still show up on the home page if it was the last thread to have activity. It is a limitation of the ignore thread add on.

I just noticed that yesterday I was quoted and mentioned separately but never received notifications for either of them. You can see the posts and the notification history in the images below. I just happened to catch these two, but don't know if there have been more things that I've missed. Any idea why this is happening?

Was quoted at 3:36, but only got a like notification from that time, but did get a notification for being quoted 5 minutes later.
Screenshot 2020-12-10 070504.png

Was mentioned at 9:29, but the only notifications were from 8:40 and 11:50
Screenshot 2020-12-10 070535.png

Thanks for any help/insight you can provide!

Any chance you were activity viewing the thread(s) in question when the notifications should have been sent out? If you are are currently on that page when you are tagged / quoted you won't get a notification.

Any chance you were activity viewing the thread(s) in question when the notifications should have been sent out? If you are are currently on that page when you are tagged / quoted you won't get a notification.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't in the thread yesterday afternoon, but it's certainly possible. The one from last night however, I definitely wasn't viewing that thread at that time.

I've noticed if I'm viewing a thread I won't get a number count as a new notification from that thread, but I feel like it still usually shows up in the list? I could definitely be wrong here though.

I just noticed that yesterday I was quoted and mentioned separately but never received notifications for either of them. You can see the posts and the notification history in the images below. I just happened to catch these two, but don't know if there have been more things that I've missed. Any idea why this is happening?

Was quoted at 3:36, but only got a like notification from that time, but did get a notification for being quoted 5 minutes later.
View attachment 79671

Was mentioned at 9:29, but the only notifications were from 8:40 and 11:50
View attachment 79672

Thanks for any help/insight you can provide!

haha I was actually worried that might happen...it's because I edited my post after the fact to add the tag (at least as far as my mention goes)

haha I was actually worried that might happen...it's because I edited my post after the fact to add the tag (at least as far as my mention goes)

Ahh, that makes sense. It's funny that it lined up with the other missed notification. But it's most likely that I was in that thread at that time. So I think all should be good haha thanks! and thanks @RenegadeMonster!

correct, if a member edits a post and adds an @ tag to it not in the original post, the member @ed won’t get notified.

similarly, editing a post and adding a quoted message will not notify the newly quoted member, either. that is what happened with @Rip_City’s post.

these are known issues, but nothing we can do about it on our side.

I don’t know if this is related but I’ve noticed the site being down for a short time around the same time every night over multiple days in a row recently.

Back