Azul
The Isle of Cats
Modern Art
Sushi Go
King of Tokyo
Codenames
Hardback
5 Minute Mystery
Are these all two player games? Looking for something that just the wife and I can play. The only one I've played is codenames.

Are these all two player games? Looking for something that just the wife and I can play. The only one I've played is codenames.

These are good and pretty easy to pick-up 2-player specific games:

Patchwork
Lost Cities
7 Wonders Duel
Hanamikoji

These I've looked at but haven't had a chance to get and play:
Caper
The Fox In The Forest

The Forbidden games or Pandemic would also be good if you want a co-op. Or even Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective if you want to solve a mystery together.

That's Pretty Clever is an excellent dice game that plays well at two.

EDIT: I added more ideas.

Last edited:
These new shirts from the Board Game Geek store are so awesome:

Following up from my request a few months ago for a game suggestion for my wife. I decided to get her Parks. At first we were pretty overwhelmed by the instructions (almost to the point of returning it) but after watching some YouTube videos for some guidance it's actually very simple and super fun to play! Right now it's our new favorite game night game. The pieces are high quality and the artwork is beautiful. Thanks to all who suggested!

Following up from my request a few months ago for a game suggestion for my wife. I decided to get her Parks. At first we were pretty overwhelmed by the instructions (almost to the point of returning it) but after watching some YouTube videos for some guidance it's actually very simple and super fun to play! Right now it's our new favorite game night game. The pieces are high quality and the artwork is beautiful. Thanks to all who suggested!
A lot of games have complicated rule sets that end up being very intuitive and sensible in practice. Never judge a game by its rulebook!

That's why I started looking for YouTube videos of people actually playing and explaining the game. I had to do the same for Pandemic.
We learned La Granja last weekend, and THAT is a game with a lot of independent rules. It was a rough couple turns but we had it figured out by the end.

My wife also picked up Mariposas, by the designer of Wingspan, and we'll probably break that one out over the weekend.

That's why I started looking for YouTube videos of people actually playing and explaining the game. I had to do the same for Pandemic.
This is the way to do it. Since the Root debacle we usually all watch YouTube videos of new games before we gather for a game night. Or at least we did when game nights were still a thing

This is the way to do it. Since the Root debacle we usually all watch YouTube videos of new games before we gather for a game night. Or at least we did when game nights were still a thing
There's a certain stubborn pride to sorting it out on your own, but watching Let's Plays is definitely the most sensible way to go about it.

There's a certain stubborn pride to sorting it out on your own, but watching Let's Plays is definitely the most sensible way to go about it.
Our first attempt was Christmas night. We were tired from being up early and the kids were wound up from the day. It wasn't a good environment to figured it out after taking about 20 minutes to set up the board.

I picked up a weird indie card game called Runes of Zun. It's a little finicky, but it was designed to be sort of open in how you play it. The expansions are just extra cards you can put in or replace other cards with to make the game play to your liking. They call it UNO meet's Magic the Gathering, but there's not really an UNO element besides the basic color scheme. It does play a bit like a CCG/TCG, but you draw from a shared deck.

There is a new card game out next month called Nom

I've had a play and it's really good. If you get a chance to pick it up then I'd recommend it as a good family game. Bit like Uno, I suppose.

The owner of my local game store just hand delivered me a little game for free! He's been driving around town all weekend giving games to his regulars. Came with a note about spreading some smiles to help go through winter and confinement blues... pretty cool.

This is what I got. Looks like a neat fast pace party game. Should go down well with the family.

IMG_1334.JPG

The owner of my local game store just hand delivered me a little game for free! He's been driving around town all weekend giving games to his regulars. Came with a note about spreading some smiles to help go through winter and confinement blues... pretty cool.

This is what I got. Looks like a neat fast pace party game. Should go down well with the family.

That's pretty rad.

Back