Board Games and Tabletop!

$180 including shipping for the Mythic option, which includes two expansions, but... This is grail of a game for many. The Base tier (Heroic) is $99 + whatever shipping is.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system

HEROIC-TIER-IMAGE_1440x.png

now thats a blast from the past. played this a lot !

Has anyone played Jaws of the Lion yet? I’m curious how it compares to Gloomhaven but haven’t heard from anyone who’s actually played it yet.

I've got Frosthaven and the Terraforming Mars 3D Big Box coming. Something's gotta give!

I ordered that Terraforming Mars big box too....

I'm supposed to be getting two 5x5 Kallax shelves in a couple weeks for my collection. Currently they're in stacks lining the walls of my basement.

Oh wow... that's a lot! Mine fill about 2 of my 3 Billies plus the tops.

Just discovered an amazing small comic/game store near me. Picked up Root and Sheriff of Nottingham!
My local just closed =(

I did just buy Root on Steam, though. It seems like a pretty good adaptation.

Oh, also I finally got some shelves to pull my game collection off the floor.

Before:

2020-10-04.jpg

After:

PXL_20201004_234527322.PANO.jpg

I still have a few upstairs, in the car, at work, and on the way, but it does look like a lot less when shelved up. I also plan on getting some inserts to put smaller things like dice, card games like Keyforge and so forth into. So that will end up shifting things around. I'm very happy with it, though.

I work for a board game retailer and our warehouse is a magical thing. You've never seen so many games, it's kind of awe inspiring the first time you see it.
It's a dream to work in board games for me. I want to open a board game Tavern. Though COVID kind of made me rethink that business model... How do you run a business based on groups of people touching everything in todays climate? And if something like this happens again how do you sustain throughout?

Games night at work this evening. We played Mansions Of Madness followed by a game of Quacks of Quedlinburg. Also played Jaws Of The Lion with a neighbour earlier the week :)

How was Jaws of the Lion? I'm curious about it since I really like Gloomhaven. I've heard the story is cool, but the gameplay isn't quite as exciting?

Our party is basically done with all of the Gloomhaven scenarios that we'll be able to do other than forgotten circles and the community-driven campaigns, so trying to decide what we should do next until Frosthaven comes out. We only play once a week and we've taken quite a few weeks off in recent months, so I think our plan is to just do Forgotten Circles next and that will likely keep us busy until Frosthaven is available. Has anyone on here played forgotten circles or the community-driven campaigns? any recommendations?

How was Jaws of the Lion? I'm curious about it since I really like Gloomhaven. I've heard the story is cool, but the gameplay isn't quite as exciting?

Our party is basically done with all of the Gloomhaven scenarios that we'll be able to do other than forgotten circles and the community-driven campaigns, so trying to decide what we should do next until Frosthaven comes out. We only play once a week and we've taken quite a few weeks off in recent months, so I think our plan is to just do Forgotten Circles next and that will likely keep us busy until Frosthaven is available. Has anyone on here played forgotten circles or the community-driven campaigns? any recommendations?

JOTL was good, but I've never played Gloomhaven before so can't compare. My friend who I played with is a Gloomhaven nut and he liked it.

The design of the game was very good with each page of the manual a new board and scenario.

Last edited:
Played and enjoyed Futuropia this weekend. Same designer as Power Grid, and has a similar mathematical quality to it, but a little less intense.

that sounds cool - I liked Power Grid when I played it a few years back.
Power Grid is phenomenal. Futuropia isn't quite as mathy as that game, but it has similar interlocking systems that produce a pleasant clockwork gameplay loop. It's a lighter game, but still enjoyable.

Back